Elevated CPK

Options
First of all, I'm old. About a month ago I increased my aerobic workouts to about 90 min a day from 30. Aerobic walking & treadmill. Feb my CPK was normal now it's 700. I don't have any symptoms. I've been on 5 mg crestor for about a year. Cardiologist took me off the crestor & wants to recheck the test in 2 mo. My ? is has anyone had an increase in CPK that you could chalk up to exercise? I'm wondering if I'm overdoing it.

Thanks!

Replies

• charles91108
    charles91108 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Usually the most likely cause is the most common cause, statins (crestor). Walking usually is not enough to cause CPK.
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks, appreciate your help!
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Definitely, mine was over 1500 the last bloods I had done, it was after a hard training block with an overreaching week,
    Definitely needed the deload
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thought I would update this - the cardiologist retested after 2mo without crestor - the cpk went down but only in the 600's - he referred me to rheumatologist. After 1 week without exercise another retest by the rheumy & cpk was back to 90. So it looks like it was the exercise. As I said, I'm old & also not really healthy but the exercise didn't really bother me so I'm back to exercise but doing less. My experience is probably not relevant to younger healthy people. Thanks everyone!