Losing weight, gaining body fat %??

Options
So I'm simultaneously doing BeachbodyOnDemand (Shaun T Focus T25, for those also doing BOD) and G Plan for 3 weeks. G Plan says I'm fat/protein efficient after a short quiz. I've been eating what's on my menu and just having my one allowable cheat meal per week. I have a weekly check in day on Thursday's (which I requested to move to Sunday, it didn't happen).
Anyway. . . I checked in today just as if the check in day did get moved and my weight was 5 lbs lower (yay, me!!) than when I started on G Plan, but my body fat % was higher than it was on the first day I did this (19% when I started, 19.8% now). I would like to know why. g4ee8wsc64kn.jpeg
03h96i2vk5wo.jpeg

Replies

• lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks for your help guys!! @PAV8888 not "over-hitting the gun ho lever", only working out about 25 minutes a day 3X a week. 🤷‍♀️
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Inaccurate bodyfat measurements. Don't sweat it and keep up the good work.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    lionessNV wrote: »
    Thanks for your help guys!! @PAV8888 not "over-hitting the gun ho lever", only working out about 25 minutes a day 3X a week. 🤷‍♀️

You can also 'overhit the gung ho lever' by restricting your calories too much.

I don't know if that's the case for you or not,
    (no indication of how many calories you're eating, or how fast you've lost these five lbs), but restricting your diet too much is rarely sustainable.

Aside from that, I did the G-plan questionnaire myself a while ago. IMHO it's quite unscientific. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. Some people find it easier to stick to their diet/exercise plan with for example high protein or low carb, but that's something you have to experiment with yourself, a short questionnaire is unlikely to give you the answer.