Pole Fitness Anyone?

Hey There!

I've been doing pole fitness for the last 1.5 years (level pre-advanced at my studio), and was hoping to connect with any others on here that do it!

Let me know where about's you're based, and what sort of level you're at!

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hello! Pole fitness fanatic here. Always happy to meet another one. I'm in Houston, Texas. I've been doing it for about 7 years now, though the first 4 were at a studio that focused on freestyle and didn't really teach tricks. I consider myself sort of upper-level intermediate, lower-level advanced. Like I've got some high level tricks nailed, but there are some intermediate ones that still kick my booty!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    I enjoy it and will attend a class with my sister from time to time as a "girl's night" sort of activity. (She goes regularly, but I have to get a sitter, which is often too much like work.) I'm currently down with a rotator cuff issue and my level is the usual bizarre split of the self taught with formal dance training along *similar, but not the same lines* that makes me fast at picking stuff up due to high strength and dex stats, but persistently confused about what things are called. :D
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I take intermediate level classes for fun and practice many lower type advanced level techniques at home. I really love floor work.

My flexibility and mobility has greatly improved outside of pole fitness techniques (able to do a full split, backbends etc.)

Love it and what it has done to improve my fitness level!
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Up in Ontario. Not currently doing it, but hoping by next year I’ll have enough confidence to enrol! (Still struggling with sharing a pool with random strangers. 😶 ) Loads of respect and admiration for those who who do!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    @eatpolerepeat don't know if you wanna drop in here?
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    My sister teaches pole. I loved it but was unable to continue past a few months due to a nerve issue in my hand/wrist. I have great admiration for all of you!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member
    Just wanted to throw out there that any of you are welcome to friend me. I don't have enough polers on my list. :smile: I am working on a new competition piece for next year and could use the motivation.