Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

No added sugar cereal

I like to eat cereal for breakfast and sometimes as a snack. There are a couple I eat regularly like cheerios and fiber one. Just wondering what cereal you eat that has no added sugar.

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I think most have some sugar. Don’t know about Fiber One, but plain Cheerios does. Low sugar, Rice Krispies, corn flakes, Kix.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I googled it.

6 Breakfast Cereals That Have Zero Added Sugar

Arrowhead Mills Puffed Millet.
    Eden Brown Rice Flakes.
    Erewhon Corn Flakes.
    Uncle Sam's Original Wheat Berry Flakes.
    Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs
    Modern Oats.

The only brand I recognize is Kashi.

If you are doing some sort of challenge to reduce added sugar, you have a medical condition that requires tight control, or you have decided that sugar is evil I would give up the cereal before eating anything off that list.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    If you are doing some sort of challenge to reduce added sugar, you have a medical condition that requires tight control, or you have decided that sugar is evil I would give up the cereal before eating anything off that list.

I agree wholeheartedly! If it doesn’t taste good, what’s the point. Besides, don’t grains (the basis for cereal) have naturally occurring carbohydrates?
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I focus on taste and high fiber content and not as much on added sugar. The one I like (Heritage Flakes) has 5 gm of added sugar per 1 cup serving. Lost 20 pounds eating it every morning.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    I eat plain shredded wheat sometimes. Not because it doesn't have sugar. Because I like the way it tastes and I like the texture after it soaks in milk for a bit.