Tim Burton

Options
fuzzieme
fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
I love Helena Bonham Carter, but I wish Tim Burton and Lisa Marie got back together so he would make amazing films again. Dark Shadows is embarrassing, I wish I'd stuck to my gut and stayed away.

I know he has made a few great things, and one of his best in my opinion, Big Fish, since he and his muse split up. But Big Fish wasn't his idea, he just added his vision. Still remarkable, but you can't say it's his creation.

Wanting to know what went wrong, I read a few books and I think it has to be not having Lisa Marie closely in his life anymore, and has lost a chunk of his imagination and creative charm. I mean, his first film after ending their engagement was Planet of the Apes. That retelling doesn't even make sense. Yuk.

Burton was hands down my favourite director once upon a time, before he decided only to do remakes. I still love Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd, and even Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but none of those compare to Beetlegeuse or Nightmare, or Edward, or Batman, they lack the originality.

I hope Big Eyes is good

Anyone else mourning his downward spiral?

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    TIm Burton is the most overrated director in film history.
  • fuzzieme
    Options
    TIm Burton is the most overrated director in film history.

So's Lost :tongue:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Tim Burton and Johnny Depp need to move on.
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    But you hang on in there.... just in case.

Jack Skellington, for example.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

Wasn't like like a hundred years ago? :tongue:
  • fuzzieme
    Options

Exactly, I'm hoping for something remarkable like that to be born again, Jack is a product from his fruitful days
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I used to be a fan of Tim Burton... But he totally lost the plot with a string of dreadful films over the last 5+ years... I wish there were more interesting/unusual directors of films... Way too many 'blockbusters' and romcoms for brain dead morons...