Should I turn off my Steps? And just enter exercise?

Options
I go walking and I feel like I don’t get the accurate calories burned if I rely on steps. Even with phone in hand I walked 2 hours today and it told me 45 calories. I don’t want to add those calories on top of the exercise I enter.

Replies

• jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Can you create a custom exercise for walking that has zero calories? I've done that tonavoid double tracking.

My tracker (not MFP) also now lets me tell it to not include the calories for exercise but just display it so I know I've done it and do how long. Can MFP do that?

Anyway - I just let the steps accumulate and don't count other exercise involving steps in the tracker counts. The reality is that any exercise I'm likely to get just helps compensate for inevitable inaccuracies in food tracking (in the database itself, which works on averages or specific varieties that may not match what I'm eating, as well as inaccuracies in food labels).
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I just enter deliberate exercise, not steps. So if I go for a walk or a run, I enter that manually. Any wandering around the house or the store is just bonus calories that make up for inaccuracies in my logging.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I don't enter steps - I dont have my fitbit synced to MFP. I manually enter exercise or intentional walking as exercise - as in - if I go for an intentional hike or brisk walk for a set amount of time with intention of "exercising" and not just walking around normally during the day, even if it's a day that has lots of steps.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    You're woried that 45 calories in 2 hours is too much??