Tracking Progress

Options
So today is my second day of healthier choices and I really want to track my progress this time round. In the past I have only ever tracked the numbers but I feel I need something more this time, something visual. How do you guys track your weight loss? Do you have any ideas or suggestions that might help keep me motivated??

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Happy Scale app
  • Claremc87
    Claremc87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Scale app

Thanks I can't see this on the android play store? Are you in US? I am UK, maybe not available?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    If you’re on android, try Libra.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Claremc87 wrote: »
    Happy Scale app

Thanks I can't see this on the android play store? Are you in US? I am UK, maybe not available?

Happy Scale is only available for iOS. Libra is the app most folks use from the Android store.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    There's also body measurments with a tape measure, at a few or lots of points (bust, waist, hips are the basics; add any of thighs, calves, upper/lower arms, neck, etc., if you wish). Maybe once a month? Changes are usually slower in measurements than on the scale, because we can lose fat all over the body in tiny amounts, like peeling the outer layer off an onion (except it isn't always the outer layer of fat that leaves first! :lol:). You can log some of these measurements in MFP and get reports/graphs, if you like.

Honest, well-lit photos - face close up + full body front, back, side at minimum - are another option. It doesn't get more visual than that! Dress in something minimal or close-fitting, but (ideally) don't choose underwear/nude, because some day you may want to brag about your before & after pics, and something beach-legal makes that more feasible for most of us. Here again, progress is slower than the scale, so maybe once a month or even two/three months might make more sense. One caution: For a lot of us, it takes time for internal body image to catch up with objective evidence, so even with photos, you may see no difference where others would.