healthy meals I can make in the microwave?

Options
3v0l1s0m3
3v0l1s0m3 Posts: 4 Member
im not much for cooking, don't judge me y'all

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Unbreaded fish fillets, veg such as snow peas in the packets they are sold in but with a corner cut off to let out steam. Try 1 minute increments until done.

Whole potatoes pricked allover with a fork to allow steam to escape. About 5-8 minutes--give a squeeze after 5 and continue with 1 minute increments until soft.

Poached egg about 30 seconds.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    If I am absolutely forced to do more than heat up a meal, I rely on a simple formula of pre-cooked meat from the freezer section, frozen veg of choice and a jar of whatever flavor sauce you like - Asian, Mexican, etc. It's far from gourmet, but gets food down my gullet until my next meal delivery.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    https://tasty.co/compilation/7-dorm-friendly-microwave-meals
    *I haven't actually made these but I saw it on facebook once

you can make eggs and bacon in the microwave and make a little breakfast sandwich... or buy frozen sausage patties. You can nuke a potato and have a "baked" potato. To make it a more complete meal I might buy some precooked meat of some sort. Pulled pork or something.
  • ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Half a 12 ounce package of frozen vegetables (broccoli mix, vegetable soup mix, etc.) will be done in three minutes on high in the microwave. Stir in some diced meat if you have it after the three minutes (heat another 30 seconds) and season with pepper for a quick meal. If you want it to be soup add chicken broth and select a bite-sized vegetable.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Most veggies are good steamed in the microwave, fresh and frozen. Add either cheese, lemon, herbs like dill or tarragon. If it’s just limited cooking, not limited kitchen, a grill (like George Foreman) or a grill pan makes chicken tenders or thin strips of boneless chicken or thin pork chops quick and easy.
    I used to walk in from work, veg in microwave, meat on grill, change clothes, and supper on the table, all in less than 10 minutes.
    Edit to add. Add a sliced peach or 1/2 plum to the grill for dessert.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Nope nope nope. Microwaves get into food and turn into calories. Can't be done. No healthy food can come from a microwave....
    (yes that is a joke)

Trader Joe's has some frozen microwave entrees that are not garbage.