Palpitations after exercise or eating

Options
von_valentine
von_valentine Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
lm9iah1gx021.jpeg

I get this arrhythmia only if I eat after any exercise. Even 3 hours later.
I’ve seen 10 doctors and not one will help me, starting to feel like a curse. Yes I’ve seen cardios and they just want to do ablations and they have extremely low success rates and make things worse half the time.
I really just want to be able to eat and exercise in the same day. I can’t starve if I exercise. And I can’t not exercise forever. Sometimes even just going to the grocery store is enough to set it off.

Someone please help me. It all started after pregnancy 3 years ago. I don’t want to accept my heart is just damaged.

Please do not tell me take magnesium. Seems to be a cure all these days. I do take it anyways. I’ve tried every type. My RBC level is even high. It’s not potassium either. These aren’t normal palpitations, it’s an arrhythmia stemming from the heart not being strong enough for exercise + eating together. I have no idea what to do to fix it. Even the cardio says ablation probably won’t work.

I quit breastfeeding 3 months ago so the hormone theory is pretty much out the window.
Another theory is sodium because it seems to not happen so much with sugar. Even 200 mg would do it.

This does not happen if I sit at home all day I could eat an entire pizza and be fine.
It gets better if I lay down and relax but comes right back if I sit up. So I have to lay down for 1-2 hours to be able to sit up again.
I am losing my MIND trying to figure this out.
I am overweight and I wonder if that could be why too. Help....

Replies

• von_valentine
    von_valentine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the doctors do want to help you, they suggested an ablation. Don’t know why you think they don’t work, but I know a few people who’ve had them and are doing fine, back to exercising. Best of luck.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    MarcyMavin wrote: »
    Sounds like the doctors do want to help you, they suggested an ablation. Don’t know why you think they don’t work, but I know a few people who’ve had them and are doing fine, back to exercising. Best of luck.

I’ve had an ablation due to having SVT’s all the time. It’s outpatient surgery. Aside from being a little tired, there’s no real recovery time needed. Plus, it cleared up my issue. What are you afraid of?
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Long shot - But is there anything that you eat or eat more of specifically after exercise? Allergies/intolerances can do some weird stuff.