Fasting

Options
Yep, not a word I thought I would ever hear come from my mouth. Every year I have gained approx 25-30lbs permanent weight increase, with never any success loosing it, I've lost some here and there and regained it, using various fad diets, pills, etc, but nothing I could stick to. Fast forward to today, I'm 58yrs old, and a week ago weighed in at 322#, have been around the 3-and a quarter mark for a good 9months now, I swore I would never get over 300. Here I am, I refuse to give up, I heard about intermittent fasting and figured another impossible fad, but when I researched it, and saw how it worked, I thought...hmmmm, maybe not as hard as it initially sounds. I'm using the zero-fasting app on my phone, currently using the 16-8 fast combined with a single 36hr monk fast a week. I'm not starving, I always watch my caloric intake especially since over the years I'm practically a calorie counter machine by looking at something haveng read most everything out there. I'm currently at 313# today and is the lowest I've been in a year. I highly recommend researching it and see if its something you might want to try, no, I don't get paid for an endorsement, its a totally free and ad free app.
Look forward to sharing recipes and success stories. Feel free to contact me for any reason, I've always felt connecting with a weight buddy always helps with motivation. Right now my wife is my best friend and companion in this goal to get healthy.
Rich

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I hope you have found your answer. I am concerned that you are already adding an additional requirement like the 36 hour fast to you very first week instead of keeping it simple. All of my starts with excessive requirements failed. Not to say that will happen to you but please keep it in mind because week 1 has always been easy for me even if I was averaging a VLCD level of food.