SonoBello

Options
Just saw this annoying commercial and had to see if I'm not the only one driven crazy by it! They're advertising spot reduction fat removal. A woman comes out teary-eyed and looks at a picture of the new her. The old picture so obviously shows her obese then after she lost a bunch of weight. There's no way fat was just sucked out of one location when she obviously lost an evenly distributed amount of fat, the faces and necks are always thinner too. Please tell me people don't fall for this junk!

Replies

• JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen, nor heard of that. Is it some new sort of liposuction they're shilling?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    It's micro-laser liposuction, "in one day you can have the body you've always wanted". The commercial is on constantly, I figured it was nationwide. It always shows people very overweight with great bodies afterward. It would have to be a heck of a vacuum, I agree!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I agree. Maybe some had improvement with just the procedure, but most of them, no way without reduced calorie intake. It really is an annoying commercial. The crying woman is particularly annoying, get a grip lady. They show a US map of locations. The clinics aren’t in every state so the commercials are probably only shown (far too often) in areas where they are located.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    A friend of a friend did it. She had lost a bunch of weight but still had a bit of a "belly pouch." She got sono bello on her belly and love handles. It worked, so she said, but she has since gained at least some of the weight back. Which is why I always wondered why people get lipsuction. It's so expensive and you are most likely just going to gain it back? Maybe lipo is different than sono bello (i know the process is different) but maybe you can't gain it back when you get lipo? IDK, just seems useless to me.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    A friend of a friend did it. She had lost a bunch of weight but still had a bit of a "belly pouch." She got sono bello on her belly and love handles. It worked, so she said, but she has since gained at least some of the weight back. Which is why I always wondered why people get lipsuction. It's so expensive and you are most likely just going to gain it back? Maybe lipo is different than sono bello (i know the process is different) but maybe you can't gain it back when you get lipo? IDK, just seems useless to me.

You can *always* gain it back, regardless of the method used to remove it in the first place. All it takes is doing the same things that got you overweight in the first place. ;)
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    Options

after puberty, you don't get new fat cells. ie they don't multiply. you have your set number and they either grow bigger or shrink or stay the same in size. liposuction removes the fat cells permanently. yes, you could technically still gain in the fat cells that are still left. i have no idea about sono. im assuming its similar to laser fat reduction. i think that just forces the lipids in the cells out...but that i believe takes several weeks to see the end result.
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    LOL @Katmary71 and @missysippy930 ! I definitely live in the same city as a couple places that do this. I just only watch Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBOGO. Can't remember the last time I saw a crappy tacky commercial, it's been years!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    LOL @Katmary71 and @missysippy930 ! I definitely live in the same city as a couple places that do this. I just only watch Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBOGO. Can't remember the last time I saw a crappy tacky commercial, it's been years!

I do have Netflix and Amazon Prime, but hubs has to watch the news and I swear, if it’s not the sono bello commercial, it’s prescription drug commercials and I don’t know which is more annoying. I try to press the mute button as much as possible 🙁
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ya know, no judgement, but I never understood the pills lotions potions and going under the knife (or the hose vacuum) to lose weight. Eating starts in the mind, as is everything else. If you don’t change your mind about how you eat and what you think about food, then it doesn’t matter what you do.... those ponds are going to come back full force. I’ve been gaining and losing for over 20 years. I had a love/hate relationship with food. I loved eating it because it gave me comfort, but hated what that unhealthy eating was going to my health and my body. Finally I was able to stop the cycle and change my mind about food.

So many friends underwent surgeries. I could tell you success stories and horror stories about them but one thing is the same with all of them. None of them are happy. Either they are not eating realistically, have gained all their weight back and then some or they are suffering from infections and/or complications.

It’s sad that these commercials zone in on obese people’s insecurities and feelings of hopelessness and helplessness.

• pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @peggy_polenta that’s interesting. I never knew that about our fat cells. That explains why I see celebrities who have gotten lipo and gained the weight back, that gain is always in other areas. Like if they got lipo in their waist the weight came back in their face, neck, arms and thighs....crazy