Putting the "Pro" in Procrastinate. How do you do it?

BrainyBurro
BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
shared this on my wall, figured others will have similar stories, so maybe this will be a fun thread...

the light in my refrigerator telling me to replace the filter has been red for 3 months now. i have a new filter in a box sitting on the counter less than 1 foot from my refrigerator. it's been sitting there for 2 months. as of this morning, the light is still red and the new filter in its' box is still sitting there unopened.

:wink:

Replies

• ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    I was going to give a detailed response, but it'll have to wait until later...
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    I do it by not filing paperwork or receipts for three years, letting everything pile up until eventually no one can get into the spare room anymore.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

toy-yoda1.jpg

:tongue:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I did the same with the Britta water filter. Had a new one sitting right there and I proceeded to drink dirty water with the little red warning for about 3months. Finally changed it.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    5W5ruiM.jpg
  • AloyMomNwife
    AloyMomNwife Posts: 146 Member
    We usually end up using all the clean laundry straight out of the laundry basket (or dryer) because I keep putting off folding and storing it.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    procrastination.gif

i'll go pro tomorrow maybe...
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member

Same...:yawn:

8488541.png
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Putting the 'pro' in procrastinate...my best example is when I wait to write a paper for one of my courses. They might give me a week or a month. I typically end up waiting til the night before it is due and work all night. So far have seen good results from that, nothing lower than a B- on my reports. So, that's just reinforcing my bad habit. XD

Now, if only studying worked the same way.....
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    A pretty good video on getting stuff done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P785j15Tzk
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member

best answer possible
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Lol. We moved into this house 3 years ago. Since that time, I've not changed the filter, and had never seen the light indicator change. My aunt was talking about how hers needed changed every few months, and I was like "I've never had to change ours."

My husband spoke up and said, "We were supposed to, but when the light turns red, I hold it in to reset it, and we're good for another month!"

My mind was blown. :explode:
  • this is me exactly. Hey it's clean and folded.... why can't I put it away?
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Ack! Where to start...The snooze button and I have become very good friends, When I do laundry I think the dryer is its final resting place until the next load has to go in, getting gas for the car I wait until it yells at me, and I have a gas station just down the road from my house (if any mechanics read that I'm sorry :) )
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    My wife bought windshield wipers for the SUV two months ago.*

I installed them on Friday.

My honey do list is complete.

I expect pampering.

*ETA: Check that. I have been informed from appropriate authority that it was actually 4 months ago. But who's counting, right? :wink:
  • slrican
    slrican Posts: 11 Member
    I should be cleaning my house (someone is staying here with my dogs for a week), doing laundry, packing for vacation, and I have 2 papers to write...but responding to this takes priority on my to do list. Obviously.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    I'm unna go take a nap.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Oh, hey... you mean that ALL of the seasons of "The Shield" are available for free on Amazon Prime? Where's my comforter and couch?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member

best answer possible

Yup
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    I've learned to do things pretty much as they come up and not over think or sweat the small stuff. In other words I have activities that I just get done because its next thing needed and I don't get into the negative self dialogue that ultimately results in giving myself permission to do it later. :flowerforyou:
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Why MFP forums of course......
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member

best answer possible

Actually, the best answer isn't here yet ;)
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    I don't procrastinate.

I just wait for problems to solve themselves.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Used to be the queen of procrasturbation...
  • salleymo
    salleymo Posts: 50 Member
    Putting the 'pro' in procrastinate...my best example is when I wait to write a paper for one of my courses. They might give me a week or a month. I typically end up waiting til the night before it is due and work all night. So far have seen good results from that, nothing lower than a B- on my reports. So, that's just reinforcing my bad habit. XD

Now, if only studying worked the same way.....

Haha! I do the same thing and have never gotten anything less than a B on my papers. Usually it's an A though.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member

^
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Course work.. still sitting in its folder in the tv unit...

Its bright red, cant miss it.

Something to do with health an safety procedures in the work place, policy guide lines yadda yadda ZzzzZZZzzzzZZZZ

Ill blast it out Wednesday night, dont see my assessor till Thursday.
  • Bump to answer later.