Frustrated by the Scale

Options
Last month I went and bought a Homedics scale that not only tells you your weight, but it's also supposed to tell your body fat and body water percentages.

Unless I'm misreading the booklet, my ranges should fall within the limits the scale is capable of reading. But sadly, it's never once given me any number other than weight. It errors out before it can give me either percentage.

This SUCKS and makes me feel pretty terrible about myself. But I do look forward to the day that it actually works properly.

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personal. It's a scale. It's not trying to hurt your feelings. ha!
    Take it back and exchange it for a new one.
    Steph:flowerforyou:
  • telg1980
    telg1980 Posts: 25
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it...and please...PLEASE don't let it discourage you!!! Those scales are full of crap!!!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Maybe yours doesn't work right. You might try calling the manufacturers and asking about it.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey there :flowerforyou:

Not sure which one you have but this site might give you some answers :drinker:

http://www.fixya.com/support/homedics/scales_and_body_fat_monitors
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    I used to let the scale rule me the same way. I invented a new sport: Scale Tossing, now I just leave it at my Bf's house if I need to check in every week.

But also the scale isn't as important as losing inches, if you can tell and feel a difference, something is definitely happening. :)