At what body fat percentage would gynecomastia stop looking dumb? Wanna get rid of these moobs.

Options
So, I have lost about 70 pounds this year. I've done this through calorie restriction of course, but also close monitoring of protein, cardio, and fairly frequent weight training. As such, I've actually put on a fair bit of muscle in the process.

Unfortunately, my number 3 reason to lose weight, behind being better for me and being better for people I care about, was getting rid of the moobs, and that just isn't happening. I am quite sure I have a somewhat bad case of gynecomastia, which makes sense, considering I've been fat all through my teenage years and adult life until now. I just want to look okay without a shirt for once in my life man.

Gynecomastia leaves me with 3 options to achieve my goal of looking okay without a shirt. One, I get the surgery. 2, I build enough chest muscle as to make the fat appear to just be muscle. Or 3, I just get my body fat low enough that they just can't persist as visibly. Maybe someday I will get the surgery, but I do want to give a combination of 2 and 3 a solid try.

According to the navy method, i am about 22% body fat right now. Who knows if that's accurate, but visually it makes the most sense. In the following picture I am blocking the gynecomastia, but it's only marginally smaller than it was in the before. Before anyone says that I do look okay without a shirt, I am definitely sucking in and really flexing there. 1 am 195 lbs in the after picture, and I am 6'3". I don't know how much past 190 lbs i want to go unless it will look dramatically better.

62q3y2c5j9e2.jpg

Surely there is a body fat percentage that I can aim for that would make the chesticles not so apparent. There are a lot of lady body builders without prominent breasts, so there must be an achievable thing to aim towards, in conjunction with more well developed chest musculature.

Does anyone have any experience? Any suggestions?

Replies

• tauntonmom
    tauntonmom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    See your doctor. If it is glandular tissue, reducing your body fat percentage is unlikely to help.
  • tracybear86
    tracybear86 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It will probably depend on how much is breast tissue vs fat. Maybe try getting a second opinion from a doctor more knowledgeable in the subject who could give you a better idea of what ratio you are dealing with? If it is mostly breast tissue you have left now it may require intervention other than weight loss.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    It will probably depend on how much is breast tissue vs fat. Maybe try getting a second opinion from a doctor more knowledgeable in the subject who could give you a better idea of what ratio you are dealing with? If it is mostly breast tissue you have left now it may require intervention other than weight loss.

Once I hit my goal weight and work up the weight training a bit more, I plan to. That should be within the next 4 months. Thank you!