Whey Protein

ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
I want to try the high protein cheesecake recipe on here but was looking for whey protein on amazon. I don't want to buy a whole container for such a cost for very little use. And the cheapest can I found for around $15-16, says it has 160 cal. per serving?

Any advice? Thanks!

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    You could try nonfat dried milk (powdered milk) in whatever amount would give you the same amount of protein as the whey protein called for in the recipe. You should be able to find nonfat dried milk in your regular grocery store, or if you have to order it from Amazon, I see a couple of options in the $7 to $8 range. And you may find more uses for it than whey protein, if you're not someone who normally uses protein powder.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Would the dry milk give the same taste and consistency as protein powder though? I wanted to use it specifically for the cheesecake recipe posted on this site and want it to come out as delicious as it looks. :)
    Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy it anyways; there has to be other things I can use it in. Or maybe I'll just eat cheesecake every week; gee that'd be a shame. ;)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    You could try nonfat dried milk (powdered milk) in whatever amount would give you the same amount of protein as the whey protein called for in the recipe. You should be able to find nonfat dried milk in your regular grocery store, or if you have to order it from Amazon, I see a couple of options in the $7 to $8 range. And you may find more uses for it than whey protein, if you're not someone who normally uses protein powder.

Not going to work.

OK. Seemed worth a try given the parameters in the OP. I can only work with what the OP has said so far at the point I respond.

Since you bothered responding to me, I don't suppose you'd care to explain further, either what your statement is based on (personal attempt?) and in what respect you believe it wouldn't work?