Back again doing KETO!

Hello MFP, I am back once again after almost a year of not taking care of myself. I am looking for fellow Keto pals. Preferably women since I’m also a woman and our bodies are different from men in how we lose weight. Plz add me as a friend so we can share recipes.

Replies

• candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    I'm on keto for about eight weeks now.
  • COscorpio8402
    COscorpio8402 Posts: 18 Member
    Adding you both. Was keto a while back then fell off the wagon but I’m starting back today.
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    I'm in the same boat as Silentpadna as not on Keto (anymore) and also a guy but I did actually started my weight loss journey via an extended keto kick myself and slowly integrated more controlled amounts of other substances back into my diet. I know most Keto proponents will hate me for this but realize Keto is hard to sustain long term. It's very restrictive, and as Silentpadna said above in the end its all about calories in and calories out.

I used a fairly dedicated keto diet for about 2-3 months to clear out sugar, water weights, and other not so healthy substances from my diet and get a more balanced blood sugar. Now I manage and monitor my intake of things like sugar (and try to avoid artificially added sugar completely still, but stuff like berries is on the menu). Good luck on your plan, just remember that it doesn't matter what you eat if you eat too much of it!