Breakfast ideas?

Options
bhonas
bhonas Posts: 6 Member
I have been eating kelloggs flatbread breakfast sandwiches because i can pop them in the microwave and eat them on my way to work. I am getting bored with this. Any other ideas?

Replies

• helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You can get oats in sachets just add milk or water and pop into microwave for 2 mins.
    Chop up a load of fruit and add to yogurt.
    Bowl of cereal.
    Couple of slices of toast with whatever spread you like.
  • VeeSis
    VeeSis Posts: 23
    Options
    I use an online site to check out the ratings on foods and your breakfast sandwich scores a D-. I too don't cook breakfast, so I drink a protein shake instead. The site I use is foodfacts.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    PB&J, as follows:

* sprouted whole wheat bread
    * blackberry preserves, with minimal additives
    * organic peanut butter, no additives (modulo the salt used in the roasting)

If I am still hungry, maybe some raw almonds, or a banana or an apple.

[edited for typos]
  • foofie57
    Options
    Try making some egg muffin cups. Whisk a dozen eggs in a bowl, add in some veggies (chopped small - whatever you like - chopped onions, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, even grated zucchini or carrots). If you want meat, you can add some finely chopped ham or precooked chopped up sausage or bacon. You can even stir in a little grated cheese but I'm not doing dairy so I leave it out. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray or use a non-stick version. Fill the cups (not quite full) Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.

This will make more than a dozen egg cups - it all depends how much you add to the egg mixture. These freeze well. I usually put two in a bag and toss in the freezer - then pull them out the night before so they thaw by morning. They can tossed in the microwave to heat or be eaten at room temperature. A great grab and go breakfast for me.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is important. I cook the 15 /20 minute rolled oatmeal or the steel cut oatmeal {I change up for variety} twice a week. You can even do this the night before . I cook enough for 3-4days. You could do more. Once cooked I immediately wrap the remainder up in Tupperware or cover a bowl with plastic wrap so it doesn't get hard on top. Each morning I scoop out what I need put it in a bowl add a dash of water to make moist and reheat in the Microwave for a minute or slightly longer.

I eat about 3/4 cup of cooked oats daily, I add a tsp of honey and almond milk unsweetened {gives a nice nutty flavor with the honey}

Oats keep me full for a much longer period and provide a more steady energy release, I don't get hungry for the next four hours or more, so no need for snacks in between. I also have a small piece of fresh fruit in the morning as a side dish.

Oats are a slow and steady source of energy as they take longer to break down in the digestive system.. They are high in fibre and more complex than processed cereals which break down faster in the digestive and releases energy much faster {not as efficient as whole grains homemade} hence one is more likely to become hungry that much sooner eating processed cereals. .. Keep in mind processed cereals even the Kelloggs Special K are high in sugar.