Hi There

Options
My Name is Stacie I am currently living in Carmel, Indiana with my best friend, 2 dogs and 3 cats. I am a 5'4" female who weighs in at 194 pounds. I did get down on my own for one week to 167 this year but it has been a steady weight gain wise since then. When I started out 5 days ago I weighed in at 198 I knew right then that I need to do something to reverse this gaining trend so I signed up for myfitnesspal and started really watching what I was eating. I have diabetes and wanted to do the keto diet where I stuck to under 20 carbs per day but my primary care doc told me the lowest I can go is 20-30 carbs per meal. So I guess I need to do it the long way instead of the shortcut way. I also have schizoaffective disorder which is a combination of schizophrenia and bipolar disorders. I'm on two hefty antipsychotics to keep me hungry all the time. I take 300 units every 3 weeks of haldol deconacanate and also take 10 mg of haldol every night with 600 mg of seroquel xr which has a lot of weight gain effects plus it is very sedating I do karate 2-3 times per week to help me try to get better balance and a better mind-body-spirit connections I really like it and it burns a ton of calories because two of my sessions are 120 minutes in length I'm almost 50 so it is a really good workout and being this overweight I sweat a lot. Does anyone out there use martial arts as their main exercise outlet?

Stacie

Replies