Negative adjustment

I have negative adjustment enabled as I have my apple watch on the whole time. Is this correct to do? Also, is the goal now to keep the “calories remaining” a negative number?

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,522 Member
    If you are not as active as you estimated then the negative adjustment will give you a better guide to available calorie intake to meet target.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    The goal is at the end of the day to have calories remaining be a small number -- not necessarily negative, just fairly closer to zero, whether negative or positive. Zero remaining is your goal, but there are far more important things than hitting it spot on every day.
  • justrightfit
    justrightfit Posts: 2 Member
    I want MyFitnessPal to totally ignore my exercise calorie burn. Should I enable the negative adjustment or leave it unchecked?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    I want MyFitnessPal to totally ignore my exercise calorie burn. Should I enable the negative adjustment or leave it unchecked?

Neither of those options will make MFP "totally" ignore your exercise calorie burn. Enabling it will cause MFP to take some of the calories you're allowed to eat away from you if you're less active than expected. Leaving it unchecked will still allow MFP to add calories to your daily goal if you're more active than expected. What you need to do is not log exercise and unlink any fitness tracker you have from MFP.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member

You could just unlink whatever app/device you are using so that it doesn't send the info to MFP. The negative adjustment option doesn't affect that.