What time do you eat on Thanksgiving?

Options
lauragreenbaum
lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
I grew up in Michigan and we always celebrated Thanksgiving "dinner" around noon. I now live in California where it's currently pitch dark by 5pm. We want to sit outside on the patio, so are planning for 2pm. What's your tradition?

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    usually somewhere between 2-4 pm
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Yes letโ€™s not forget about Thanksgiving - errybody wants to skip to Christmas- sup wit dat?? I always eat different times - usually between 12 and 3 -
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    As soon as I can get it all cooked,
    usually around 2:00pm.
    I sure am ready for my
    daughter in law to start cooking it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Regular dinner time for us... around 6pm
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    We usually sit down to dinner around 4 pm. This year we will be traveling, and have restaurant reservations at 1:15.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Depends since I'm the cook/host every year you'd think I would decide....but you'd be wrong๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜‚

Who has football games ....who has this and that ....so the last few years since all my immediate fam have started families of their own I have the apps and pasta/antipasti dishes (Italians lol) ready early like noon....then the turkey and fixings done around 3....we do buffet and you eat and chill and enjoy no pressure just mingle and get your feed bag on lol....its so less stressful this way ....i have about 20 peeps for dinner and more for desserts ....its one of my fav holidays even though its days of cooking / baking๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Usually during halftime of the Cowboys game. But first we go around and say what we're grateful for, people start crying, and this pilgrim starts to get hangry.
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    10am till 6pm
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    4 AM until Midnight
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    4 AM until Midnight

I didn't know we were including hors d'oeuvres, dessert and evening left over snack
    I'm with you 4am till midnight