Calorie goals

Can someone explain to me the calorie goal charts that come in the weekly digest?? I am constantly getting that I am hitting my goal one or two days out of seven. I think I am not eating enough because my calorie bar is under the dot. My past two weeks though we’re almost identical with calorie goal, calories logged, and calories burned but I went from one day within 15% of calorie goal to 4 days within calorie goal. Want to make sure I am understanding the graph properly ! TY

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Are you using some sort of device/tracker? Like Fitbit or Apple watch or something?
  • docnamy
    docnamy Posts: 6 Member
    My Fitness Pal synced with Fitbit
  • cmriverside
    edited November 2019
    Well it looks like Fitbit estimated your calories used through the day on M-T-W to be about 1850. On Thur-Fri it looks like you were closer to 2000-2100. Saturday your calories burned were 2200, and Sunday down around 1550. Fitbit wants you to hit that dot. That dot is your Goal. But I'm not sure why it is giving you so many calories. Are you trying to maintain, lose, or gain weight? It may just be the way you are reporting, or it could be the way you have it set up - I don't know...

I don't use a Fitbit, but hopefully someone will be able to help you more if they see this update or you can join the Fitbit group https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
    and get all your info there; probably the best idea.

Here is the FAQ from the Fitbit Group, you will find a lot of info there:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-amp-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
  • docnamy
    Thank u!
  • docnamy
    My exercise and calories gained from it are likely what is messing me up because I am trying to maintain around 1700-1800 calories.
  • cmriverside
    You're not logging Exercise on the Myfitnesspal site itself, are you? If you're using Fitbit, let it gather all your activity numbers and synch it to MFP. Don't manually enter exercise here.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited November 2019
    Fitbit greatly overestimates for me. My chart looks similar to yours. Before using the Fitbit, I knew that eating in the 1300 range would allow me a .5 lb/ week loss based on the four previous months on MFP. I probably am just slightly more active with the Fitbit, so I just stick with a 1350 average. I am still losing at the same rate.

I don't manually enter exercise separately, all my exercise calories come from Fitbit.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    You have the option to look at total or net - if you don’t want it to add it its estimates just change it to view as total.