Extra exercise calories gone through the roof?
I sync my fitbit and use myfitnesspal to track food. Previously if I had done lots of walking/cardio the app would add a few hundred calories to my daily allowance but that would reduce through the day. Over the last few days the number of extra calories seems to have gone through the roof...have they changed the way they calculate this? My settings haven't altered. In some context my goal is 1,470 and I already have an extra 308 calories on the back of just 3000 steps. I realise this may reduce during the day but previously I had to hit 10,000 steps before I was awarded anything at all!
I was having a similar issue with Google Fit adding way too many exercise calories, so I turned off the sync and just did activity level for my step count.
Google just bought Fitbit, but I haven't been wearing mine to see if/when the normal calorie allowance I get from Fitbit changed. I may strap my Alta back on and have a look.
For now, you have your older numbers to go off of, yes?1
I found that sometimes the Fitbit app would duplicate entries in the food log so perhaps it's doing the same for your exercise log. Have a wee look and delete any duplicate or spurious entries that you think are incorrect.1
Thanks both. Some good ideas. I'll take a look!0
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 387.2K Introduce Yourself
- 42.7K Getting Started
- 258.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.9K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 318 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152.1K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 2.1K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 572 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.5K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions