1200 Calorie Buddies?

Options
I’ve recently jumped back in the game (I got engaged a week ago- talk about motivation!) and am working a 1200 calorie goal.
I’d love to be “friends” with anyone else in the 1200 range who are also willing to share their diary- I’m interested in what your daily food choices look like and help support each other!! :p

Replies

• dmclimb
    dmclimb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Also on 1200 calories, but I wouldn't recommend taking my diary as a basis, it's a bit all over the place at the moment! I would say that 1200 is not a lot at all and it disappears quickly - I check and log foods before I eat them so I can make a better choice if needs be (lesson learnt the day I ate 4 Lindt choc balls, realised they were 400 calories and then had to skip dinner lol!)
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    @ellie117 - 1200 is an absolute minimum number of calories you should be eating. You should not be staying under 1200 a day.

Sorry, I shouldn't have phrased it as "under" 1,200 a day. I meant it's hard to not go over. I do not eat less than 1,200 nor do I advocate eating less than that.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    @apullum Thank you. I’m on the app and can’t see profile.
  • llamakisses9896
    llamakisses9896 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m a 57 yo on 1200 and it is harder for me to lose weight due to age and Bad joints. It is easier to do 1200 with eating home cooking in stir fries with shrimp/chicken, vegetable mixes, brown rice instead of white, and actual measuring food. Packaging says portions in container are more than actual in package. Due your big meal more at noon. I find in my diet I have a tendency to lack fat or protein, so I eat an hard boil egg for a snack or a individual snack envelope of tuna.
  • llamakisses9896
    llamakisses9896 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also, sub in riced cauliflower for rice and eat sweet potato instead of white.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I love my white rice. You would have to pry it from my cold dead hands. 💀

You and me, both. (Though I do love brown rice - it's just difficult to make sushi with.)
  • GammaKJ
    GammaKJ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 1200 calorie boat as well. I am always looking for ideas to supplement my diet and change it up.
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My goal calorie limit is higher than that, but I easily stay at 1200 calories when I do the 16/8 intermittent fasting trick. Basically I stop eating at 7 or 8 pm and don't eat again until 11am or noon. This helps with hunger and cravings as well. I don't do the 16/8 every day, more like 3 times per week. But it might be a good option to consider. A quick google search will show you all the benefits of intermittent fasting. God bless you and your health goals!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I love my white rice. You would have to pry it from my cold dead hands. 💀

Haha, you can have all my white rice, and even brown rice. For some reason white rice is one of the foods that sends my blood sugar sky rocketing. So last year I gave it up, very sadly. Every once in awhile I sneak in some white baked and or baked sweet potatoe. I have found at times really annoying which foods can sky rocket blood sugar. But for me rice, even more so than pasta.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    ploomka wrote: »
    My goal calorie limit is higher than that, but I easily stay at 1200 calories when I do the 16/8 intermittent fasting trick.

@ploomka

I don’t do IF, although I naturally eat within an 8 hour window.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of IF is that you still eat all of your calories but within a precise window of time.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    ploomka wrote: »
    My goal calorie limit is higher than that, but I easily stay at 1200 calories when I do the 16/8 intermittent fasting trick.

@ploomka

I don’t do IF, although I naturally eat within an 8 hour window.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of IF is that you still eat all of your calories but within a precise window of time.

Nope, you're right. You're still supposed to eat all your calories. I think IF is a good way to stay that low, tho, since you're kind of eating everything at once. Sort of. :)