Weight loss buddies 60lb or 20kg to lose!

Options
Hi there I'm Shelley, 38 years old, mom to one child, and I have around 24 kilograms to lose. I'm looking for weight loss buddies who are around the same age with the same amount of kgs /lbs to lose.

Height 161cm
SW 91.8KG
CW 90.6KG
GW 69KG

Calories 1200 cal

Current workout - just walking daily, 30 minutes or more, trying to do it 5 times a week

My hope is to lose around 0.5kg a week and reach my goal by June next year (sooner would be great)

What's stopping me? Well I have hashimoto's thyroiditis (autoimmune disease characterized by underactive thyroid) and I'm a serial binge eater! The most I have lost is 12 kilograms (over 6 months) and I put it all back on!

I hope we can motivate each other to really do this this time and reach our goals together!

If you are like minded and have the same challenges or goals please add me as a friend!

Replies

• FlabToFit6
    FlabToFit6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 31 and a stay at home mom of 6. I want to lose about 50lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi 😁 I started again with MFP a couple of months ago and have lost 20 lbs. still 50 to go though. Feel free to add me and we can encourage and motivate each other 😁💪🏼
  • tootrudy
    tootrudy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I really need to get out of the 200's. I'm going to add you guys so I can feel like I am not alone in this.
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will add you. I need to lose around 50 lbs. I'm a mom of 2 and I'm totally a serial binge eater. I get the struggle!

I am also aiming for 30 minutes a day- I usually go for light jogging but we have a similar plan.
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well shoot. I'm only 26, but I definitely have ballooned up in the last two years! I used to be between 60-70 lbs lighter than I am right now. I am a brand-new foster momma to a toddler and I struggle with emotional eating.

I used to be a distance runner and now I can barely handle going up the stairs. I've been struggling to handle work-home-school balance with the new placement, but I hope to get back into a regular exercise routine soon!

Feel free to add me!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I have similar stats to you:
    37 years old
    1m66
    Starting weight 94,2kg
    Current weight 87,8kg
    Goal weight around 65kg
    My goal is to lose 0,25kg per week.

Keep it up, one step at a time :smile:
  • Barxxxx
    Barxxxx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started ‘again’ 😬 this Monday. I think being part of a supportive community would really help me. Would love to join you all.
  • KitsyMeow
    KitsyMeow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! Iam Kat, I have 20kg to lose too. Mum to 3.
    Just recently started eating properly, upped my calories so I have energy now amd don't want to binge eat. I am a week in and feel great!

Working out 2x a week at the gym. Hoping to add in some home workouts and walking 10,000 steps a day.

Stats are:
    Sw:90kg
    Cw: 84kg
    Gw:64kg
    H:171cm

Would love to add some friends for support :)