What do you keep in your locker?

I joined the gym a few weeks ago and was given a locker. I have no idea what I am supposed to or should keep in there! I show up in my gym clothes, keep my phone in my pocket and head straight home after. So, my question is, what are things I should consider keeping there?

Replies

• aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    I don't belong to a gym, but maybe keys/purse/wallet/id?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I needed a locker when I had swimming. So, chlorine shampoo, conditioner, body wash were in my locker. You could also stash an extra set of clothes for emergencies, maybe a towel.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    #1 Deodorant. Flip-flops for the shower. Shampoo/soap. Water bottle. Towel. Small makeup or shaving kit.
  • jackslovely
    jackslovely Posts: 45 Member
    I go to the gym at my work before I start in the mornings and always stash my makeup, shower stuff and hair tools in there for the week and bring them home on Fridays. It also helps me stay accountable and go since I don't have 2 sets of makeup and hair stuff so I have to go to the gym and get ready anyways,
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I joined the gym a few weeks ago and was given a locker. I have no idea what I am supposed to or should keep in there! I show up in my gym clothes, keep my phone in my pocket and head straight home after. So, my question is, what are things I should consider keeping there?

I keep my wallet, keys, and whatnot in my locker.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    I keep my micro plates, disposable contacts (I've lost them in the pool before.), crappy head phones (in case I killed the charge on my wireless earbuds), spare running shoes (in case mine arrive wet or super salty), spare socks, towel, body wash, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, and a seasonal spare hoodie in my locker. Keep meaning to add a water bottle, but thus far, it's not drifted to the top of the priority list above keeping up with all the fitness laundry... :P
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    I don't have a locker, but in my gym bag I usually keep (besides my gym clothes):
    • Headphones
    • Gloves for lifting
    • Extra socks
    • Extra hair elastics
    • Dry shampoo
    • Body wipes
    • Mini deodorant
    • Face wash
    • Face refresher spray (because I get
    • Lotion
    • Chapstick

I usually hit the gym after work so I shower when I get home. Most of this stuff is if I'm squeezing in a quick workout before an after-hours meeting or happy hour when just a quick freshen up is sufficient :p it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to leave protein bars in there in case it'll be a while until I get the chance to eat.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    If you know you’ll always be going directly home to shower/change, I don’t see a reason to keep anything in it. I would probably just keep a protein bar or other snack in the car or gym bag in case I felt unexpectedly hungry after a workout—that’s happened to me before.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    I have a locker at work (I commute by bike) and keep toiletries, towel, work shoes, spare underwear and a spare dress in it.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,162 Member
    I have to pay extra for a locker. I keep my swim fins, goggles, mask/snorkel, mask defog, jammers, workout shoes, shower shoes, shampoo, soap, razor, deodorant, ear buds, and two empty water bottles. I always know where I will leave my street clothes without searching around. I used to be able to use their towel since I rent a locker, but now they want to charge me for that. One advantage is being able to go to the gym right after work by bike, when I bike commute, without having to schlep all my stuff. All I need is clean workout clothes and, now, a towel.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I put my coat in there in the winter and all clothes when I swim. Our lockers are daily use, not permanently assigned, but if they were I’d keep my shower supplies in there as well.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    If I had a permanent locker, I'd keep extra delicates and socks in there. I often forget them and in the summertime, that's not good.

Spin shoes, perfume. Stuff for the shower like shower shoes, soap/shampoo/condition if you need it. Hair clips, shampoo bonnet. Makeup, face cream.

SNACKS, O LORD WOULD I BE A MUNCHIN' !!!!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Mine is a small coop gym. We have open cubby type boxes to store stuff at our own risk. I keep a bag with some stretch bands, my shoes(older, tattered ones, but I wear “toe shoes” so not much chance of them being stolen), and a pair of knockoff earpods. I throw the earpods in my shoe and stack the bag on top so they are not easy to see or grab. Who wants to dig around in someone’s sweaty shoes looking for items to steal? I keep one pair of workout clothes there too in case I am through town and can fit in a workout on a day I thought I would not be able to make it work. No shower supplies because I just go home.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2019
    My backpack and purse. My clothes and shoes that I've changed out of including my coat in the winter. In my backpack I put my workout clothes and shoes, hair ties and clips, ear buds, lock for the locker. If I'm just showing up to the gym already in my workout clothes, then just my purse.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    - Water Bottle
    - Deodorant/ Soap/Shampoo
    - Fresh clothes
    - Granola Snack
    - Keys/Phone/Wallet
    - change of Shoes
    - jewelery

that's all I can think of
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    Squat shoes, chuck Taylor’s, cross training sneakers, lifting belt, lacrosse ball, wrist wraps, wrist straps, micro plates, boxing gloves, chalk, baby powder, extra shorts/shirt.