What's a positive thing you've done today to reach your goals?

I have a fit bit and my aim is to do 10,000 steps a day. Today I was running a bath before getting into bed but had only done 8,500 steps. So what so I do . . . . March on the spot to get to 10,000. It was last thing I wanted to do after a long day but I did it and it feels good. 🚶‍♀️

Anyone else made a positive decision to get them closer to their goals today?

Replies

• buddy352
    buddy352 Posts: 36 Member
    Strong work!!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Did my shoulder rehab. I am determined to be back doing my fun activities by the new year
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    Daily work out; logged meals sorta honestly; thought about my eating problem and resolved to stay at this weight.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Forgo the pot luck baby shower potato bar with multiple desserts at work today.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    I love that you walked in place, I know if I had a Fitbit I'd be totally competing to get all my steps and I don't do stepping exercises!

I stocked up on healthy food at the store, did a little food prep, and exercised.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Reaching at least 10,000 steps has been my goal for this month. I feel like it pushes me to make small, healthier decisions. Like I park at the back of the lot at work, take my dog on longer walks, spend more time cleaning my apartment.

I also workout every day but the 10,000 step goal pushes me to be more active throughout the day.
  • Hannah5147
    Hannah5147 Posts: 49 Member
    Reaching at least 10,000 steps has been my goal for this month. I feel like it pushes me to make small, healthier decisions. Like I park at the back of the lot at work, take my dog on longer walks, spend more time cleaning my apartment.

I also workout every day but the 10,000 step goal pushes me to be more active throughout the day.

The 10,000 steps definitely helps keep more active and I've found does make a difference to my results. I have 2 young children so I dont get the chance to go to the gym.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I did the elliptical for one hour before I went to work this morning. That always sets the tone for a great day It energizes me and helps me stay on track with my food choices.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    I'm going on a road trip over the weekend that is going to throw off all of my usual routines and habits. This morning, I sat down and prioritized the things to keep in mind on this trip so that I could balance enjoyment and progress appropriately, without having to agonize over every decision in the moment. I have 5 priorities, I have alarm reminders in my phone for the critical things, and I'm going to have a good "mini vacation/trip."
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    I went for a very slow jog on my lunch break at work. I always have to spend hours talking myself into it, but then it feels so good once it's done!
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I was slightly over my calories after I finished dinner, so I danced in my living room for an hour. :) Bonus: I got warm enough to take off my sweater (it's winter here!) and got to do something that brought me joy. :)
  • Hannah5147
    GummiMundi wrote: »
    I was slightly over my calories after I finished dinner, so I danced in my living room for an hour. :) Bonus: I got warm enough to take off my sweater (it's winter here!) and got to do something that brought me joy. :)

Love this! ❤
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    I logged on to MFP for the first time in a long time, and read the message boards for motivation. Here's to being back at it.
  • prissycarrot
    prissycarrot Posts: 5 Member
    I swam laps and drank more water earlier in the day. I'm logging my intake today for a better idea of what my calorie goal should look like.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I got up and put on my gym clothes right away even though I am not working today. I will go to the gym later this morning, and if I did not put on gym clothes I would be less likely to change later and actually go.
    I also drank 2 glasses of water.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited November 2019
    Skipping the cupcakes, cookies and ice cream party at work today and sticking to my planned food for the day to continue working towards my goal. I'm one of those people that "can't" just have a little bite of sweets. I'm an all or nothing kinda girl :)
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I got a dog a few weeks ago. He's my therapy dog, so quality time spent together is very important. However, I isolate myself quite often from the outside world. But since I got him, I don't just take him outside to potty, I take him for a walk every single time he needs to go out. The chance to interact with others is high, and uncomfortable, but we're doing it and it's getting me back up to 8000-12000 steps a day. Win win :)

I also have been very lazy with my food tracking lately, and I had only been going to therapy once a month for financial reasons the past few months. Starting in January, I am going back up to once a week to get back on track.

Proud of everyone :)
  • Hannah5147
    I got a dog a few weeks ago. He's my therapy dog, so quality time spent together is very important. However, I isolate myself quite often from the outside world. But since I got him, I don't just take him outside to potty, I take him for a walk every single time he needs to go out. The chance to interact with others is high, and uncomfortable, but we're doing it and it's getting me back up to 8000-12000 steps a day. Win win :)

I also have been very lazy with my food tracking lately, and I had only been going to therapy once a month for financial reasons the past few months. Starting in January, I am going back up to once a week to get back on track.

Proud of everyone :)

Sounds like your dog is looking after you and your looking after your dog. What a great partnership. Well done Sammi. X x