Hello

Options
Hello I haven't long joined. I have quite a bit of weight to lose. I have lost a lot of weight before but put it all back on as to lose the weight before I basically lived on water and fruit, which obviously is not good! I'm determined to do it properly this time and keep it off but I just wondered if people could tell me, do you think having my weight loss set to 1/2 a week is to low to have it set to? I want to lose the weight but want to do it slow and steady this time. Thank you 😊

Replies

• AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I say set your goals to what your body requires you to eat * in calories and be satisfied. A 1/2 pound a week is still a good goal. As long as you stay in your calorie goals You will lose the weight nice and slowly. Losing weight slowly is better than rapid. Good luck on your journey! Send me a friend request and we can support and motivate each other.
  • HannahLDT
    HannahLDT Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thank you, that's encouraging. I've definitely learnt the hard way that slower is better 😊
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Slow weight loss is a great focus, especially when you know that you lost weight quickly before and that proved unsustainable. Plus, allow the weight loss process to reflect your needs...it's not a one-size-for-all situation.

Personally, I find that an approach that honors my needs is best for me.