Ladies, has exercise helped with your libido?

Options
I have found that in the last two months, after having gotten sedentary and on a poor diet, my energy levels and libido has gone for a complete toss. I am not sure if this is hormonal, although my estradiol levels came back normal. Has exercise helped with your libido? Also, any supplements/food you suggest? I am starting to get concerned, the only supplements I take are fish oil, vitamin D and hyaluronic acid and I do not think they could have caused this. I am 29, for reference.

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Weight loss has. Idk if exercise specifically helped. I think part of it is just that I feel happier and more confident.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough calories? Nutrition? Imbalances can certainly impact hormone functioning. Steep calorie deficits, and low fat intake in particular can influence this.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Exercise alone is probably not the answer. You say that you had low energy, possibly due to poor nutrition, which might be part of the problem. However, you also sound like this happened suddenly and that you’ve seen the doctor for it. Did the doctor have any suggestions?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Are you getting enough calories? Nutrition? Imbalances can certainly impact hormone functioning. Steep calorie deficits, and low fat intake in particular can influence this.

This is pretty much what I was thinking also.
    I think exercise and better nutrition can make a great impact, for sure. I have only had low libido once when I was restricting calories and fat by too much. However, for years I've noticed that I am much more active during warmer times of the year and tend to become inactive in the coldest part of the year and when I'm a couch potato I have little interest in sex. So I definitely think plenty of physical activity and doing things in general (travel, errands, etc) is helpful in this area!
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Usually -- except when I am very very sore, especially in my lower body and it's hard for me to sit down on the can, let alone have sexytime :D