Starting Over 50+ to lose and use a Fitbit for steps!

Options
I’m looking for some new friends who are women, have a bit to lose, log in daily and walk with their Fitbit.

I’m not a runner due to my knees but I love a good walk. Would love to find other women who just like simple goal day challenges to get me out in the Nebraska cold to walk!

Add me if you are also looking for motivation 💜

Replies

• stacie917
    stacie917 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My ankles and sciatic issues keep me from running, I did try for awhile, but I love a good walk, especially a hike. I have two kids (2 years and 6 weeks) so I am not logging as many steps as I did before my last pregnancy, but I started to focus on exercise (walking workouts on Youtube and my elliptical) and getting outdoors more this week. I'm in Texas, so summer is our hibernation period and winter is mostly our outdoor time. :) I need to lose 50-80 pounds and use fitbit.
  • Igtba789
    Igtba789 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from South Dakota and really dislike winter. I enjoy walking at the local mall, but got out of the habit recently due to some back issues. The back pain is gone now, just need to start walking again. I am going to Google how to do interval training while walking. Anything to up the burn :). I'm happy to support you in your weight loss journey. I could use support too.
  • Igtba789
    Igtba789 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i'm new to the message board, how do I "add someone"?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have about 75 pounds to lose still. I am struggling a bit lately due to med changes which affect my appetite. I am trying to increase my steps with my Fitbit to counter the increased appetite. I have lost 50 pounds so far!