Mass gainers advice

Options
Hi. I’m struggling to get the scales moving. My daily calorie target is 2,600. I’m not gonna lie, I find it hard to get to it, especially trying to eat “good” foods. I’ve also had a gastric bug which has set me back both with weight gain and training. I’ve been using whey protein for a while now but am considering a mass gainer for a short period of time.

Just wondered what people’s thoughts were, if you can recommend one that tastes good, and whether they actually work?

Replies

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    I’m not that in favour of them myself. How about 2 scoops of normal protein powder made up with cream or coconut milk and peanut butter? Calorie bomb.

Mass gainers are pricey!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I’m not that in favour of them myself. How about 2 scoops of normal protein powder made up with cream or coconut milk and peanut butter? Calorie bomb.

Mass gainers are pricey!

This^^

Better and less expensive to make your own.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    ^Agreeed. You can always throw in some oats too if you have a good blender
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Can you tolerate whole milk?
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    ^Agreeed. You can always throw in some oats too if you have a good blender

I find oats very filling in fact I eat em all the time when I’m cutting. Maybe that’s just me but I wouldn’t eat them a lot if I was struggling to gain.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Can you just eat more high calorie foods? Fattier cuts of meat vs lean meat, full fat dairy, butter and plant oils, nuts and seeds, avocado, coconut to name a few? I like to snack on trail mix.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Blend a couple of scoops of ice cream into your protein shakes. Yum.