Weight Loss Struggles

FairyLucy
FairyLucy Posts: 2 Member
I am trying to lose weight and ITS SO HARD!! Like I just want to eat my waffles :'( I feel like maybe writing about my craving frustrations could help not give in to them so please feel free to jump in with frustrations and stuff that makes you want to quit. BUT DO NOT QUIT! WE CAN DO IT! I REALLY NEED THIS WEIGHT LOSS :o

Replies

• FairyLucy
    FairyLucy Posts: 2 Member
    Hopefully this can help others too
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited November 2019
    Eat your waffles. Many people fail due to eliminating their favorite foods.

I eat the foods I love and lose weight. I look forward to every meal. I eat eggs, butter and bread every day. I eat seafood a few times a week. Rice, too.

As long as you stay in a calorie deficit, you’ll lose weight.

What are you eating?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    FairyLucy wrote: »
    I am trying to lose weight and ITS SO HARD!! Like I just want to eat my waffles :'( I feel like maybe writing about my craving frustrations could help not give in to them so please feel free to jump in with frustrations and stuff that makes you want to quit. BUT DO NOT QUIT! WE CAN DO IT! I REALLY NEED THIS WEIGHT LOSS :o

@FairyLucy

Other than eating the waffles what is making it hard for you? How much do you need to lose? How fast are you trying to lose it?

One of my most important rules to my own weight loss is that you don't have to love what you need to do to lose weight but you can't hate it.

Weight loss can be very challenging and you will have bad days. The one thing you cannot afford to do is make the process more challenging by choosing to be more strict with yourself than needed. You kind of seem like you are barely holding on at the moment. Come back and post some more so you can get some help.
  • 42Amy
    42Amy Posts: 77 Member
    I started looking at why I will overeat. I am finding it has nothing to do with food and everything to do with not finding peaceful moments in my life.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    42Amy wrote: »
    I started looking at why I will overeat. I am finding it has nothing to do with food and everything to do with not finding peaceful moments in my life.

^^ This!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member

It takes determination, absolutely. But please do not mentally beat yourself up over this, and go through each day thinking about all you gave up. Because long term that does not work.

If you have no medical reason to give up waffles and full on syrup, then why do it? Just work it into your calories for the day.

Read the stickies here, they are so helpful. Get a food scale, it has helped me and thousands of others so much. That way you really know the size of portions, and therefore true calories. Log what you eat.

Even though I follow something a bit different than strict calories, I weigh everything I eat, I log everything I eat. And read lots of info here on MFP by people who have been successful and are so willing to share their knowledge with others.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I know my difficulty. I have a hard time not eating when I get home from work at 10pm. I think I am "rewarding" myself for just making it through the day. Just want something when I come through that door.

Any suggestions?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Sure, save some calories for when you get home. It doesn’t matter what time you eat, as long as you stay in a calorie deficit.