Kinda new here...looking for other mama's trying to lose bab

Options
Hi! I joined MFP at the end of May this year and have lost over 10 lbs so far. I am looking for other mom's to help keep me encouraged to meet my goal of 145 (or less!!). I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old. I am starting to get discouraged because the weight isn't melting off like it was the first month so I just need some more friendly encouragement ladies!!!! I have lost all of the weight I gained with my youngest, but I am trying to lose the last 5 lbs left from my 2 year old and then the 20 lbs I gained once I met my hubby! I want to be healthy and look good again!!!

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Hi there! We are in a similar boat. I have a 2.5 year old and a 7 month old. Right now I actually weigh less than what I did before I got pregnant with my 2nd. But things definitely don't "look" the same! I'm trying to tone up and lose the last 5 or so lbs to get to my happy weight.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to help encourage you. I'm almost at my goal weight after losing 40 pounds of pregnancy weight and love MFP. I have an almost 2 year old daughter.

I'll send you a friend request :)
  • pdhight
    pdhight Posts: 13
    Options
    Keep it going girl! I have a two year old, and sometimes I feel like what I am doing, is just a waste of time:sad: ....lol Either that or I just feel bored with it, I never can commit...lol With my son I gained 75lbs, I have lost it all and below my pre-pregnancy weight, but I want to get to where I was before I was married...which is about 50 lbs less than where I am now...lol
  • Shawna_831
    Shawna_831 Posts: 316
    Options
    There are plenty of us out here for you!
  • telg1980
    telg1980 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old and Im just now losing the baby weight from my youngest. In fact, at my heaviest I had actually gained 15 lbs since I left the hospital with the baby!! That's just not right!!!
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome! Its definetly hard to lose that baby weight. I have a 7 year old, 3 year old and 13 month old twins. I am not yet back to where I was pre-twins but I am working on it! Good luck to ya! Feel free to friend me for support!
  • Alicia_W
    Alicia_W Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I am new too! I wish you all the luck! I gained 60lbs when I was pregnant with my daughter and now its time to lose it! I sent you a friend request!
  • pdhight
    Options
    Yep!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 yr old and a 5 month old, so I'm right there with you. I think losing pregnancy weight is a little different than losing weight in general. For me, I just got really big in my belly with my second baby. Right now, I'm still 10 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I also take measurements, and I'm back to my starting point everywhere except my waist... I still have 7 inches to lose there! Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is my smiling children, and I remember that I gained the weight for a good reason.
  • pdhight
    Options
    I was overweight in highshool and lost all of it before going off to college....I did it the wrong way though, by pretty much starvation and diet pills...will never go that route again. Then with my son, I lost control of my needs with wants and gained so much weight...I have lost most of my weight, all of the baby weight...now it's time for the tough stuff...LOL
  • jackiehutnik
    Options
    Hey I have a 3 year old and am still losing too! I would also love to have some support!
  • pdhight
    Options
    Me too! .lol
  • amkelley
    amkelley Posts: 81
    Options
    Thank you everyone for responding! I THINK I have added all of you- if not, add me!! I am so glad there are so many of us moms out there trying to work it out!!! I am looking forward to receiving and giving encouragment!! We can all do this!!!