The absolute difference water makes!

Basically that!

I recently ended up forgetting to keep drinking water, I only really drank water while in the gym. So while I at work my water intake was declining, just drinking coffee, tea or lucozade. So bad.

I've gone back to drinking 1-2 litres while at work. What a difference, stomach feels less bloated, less constipation... Just so much better!

Just try and keep at drinking your RDA or water 😊

Replies

• xoroshelle1
    xoroshelle1 Posts: 1 Member
    I feel the same way water definitely creates a better flow for your bodily functions, water overall makes me feel lighter as well and more Alive and alert !
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Coffee or tea isn't bad. You are still hydrating. Personally, I skip the sodas that I used to have and switched to straight water. I just feel better drinking water. I don't skip my coffee x 2 in mornings though.

I used to drink diet coke like there was no tomorrow but haven't had any over 2 years. And yes, to the coffee. I am NOT giving that up. Gotta have 1 vice. ;)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    I get almost all of my water intake from coffee, teas, beer, wine and/or soup. Only occasionally drink plain water.

Drink over 8 cups of H20 daily in this way, which is apparently enough given how much I have to pee to pass out the excess.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    I dont bother counting my water - but I do drink around 6 cups per day.

If I dont drink enough I dont get constipation - but I do get a headache afterwards.

yes Im sure it doesnt matter if i drink water or juice or soda or tea or whatever - but my drinks of coffee per day are always same amount and I usually only drink coffee and water most days so if I dont drink the water as well (or diet soda or juice etc on days I drink them) I get a headache.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I aim to drink around 12 cups of water a day (96 ounces), since I am a bigger guy and also active in a tropical climate. I think I get closer to 8-10 most days.

I have a really bad problem with not hydrating during the day. I find it difficult to drink much water during the workday. I don't like going to the water cooler (even though it's right outside my office) and even when I get water, I usually forget to drink it. So I usually only have a couple of cups during most of the day and then drink 6-8 cups within 2-4 hours when I am home in the evening. I know that is the not the best way to do it, so I am trying to spread it out more.

I don't drink coffee (I'm a weirdo who never liked it), and only rarely will drink a sports drink, juice, or diet soda. Even rarer when I drink an alcoholic beverage. So about 99% of my fluid intake is from plain water (plus the water that is in food). There's nothing wrong with getting your intake the other ways if you can get sufficient hydration and it fits within your calorie goal, but to me it's would be difficult to hydrate that way, and I prefer to keep my extra calories for food. I do feel the best when I drink enough of plain water.
  • Keliz1173
    Keliz1173 Posts: 186 Member
    I use a soda stream and carbonate 2 bottles of water and sip during the day and usually have one more at night. No flavour, just like the bubbles. I know everyone is different but my personal experience is I feel better when I'm well hydrated and my skin is clearer. :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2019
    Keliz1173 wrote: »
    I use a soda stream and carbonate 2 bottles of water and sip during the day and usually have one more at night. No flavour, just like the bubbles. I know everyone is different but my personal experience is I feel better when I'm well hydrated and my skin is clearer. :)

Carbonated water reminds me of Alka Seltzer. I don’t like it, and believe me, I’ve tried every flavor, as well as plain. Both my husband and daughter drink it. My main beverage is ice water. I drink a lot of water, usually 10 cups/day.
  • tohyidrive
    tohyidrive Posts: 14 Member
    Try Twinings Cold Infuse fruit tea bags, they're amazing. Definitely helped me drink more water. Comes in many different flavours!