self starters?

Options
Am i the only one that has a hard time following work out dvds? Maybe because i have the attention span of a gold fish & I do better turning the music up, going in the garage or on some grass outside & doing my workout & then hitting punching bag in the spare room, rather than follow someone on a tv

Replies

• jessicadawn1978
    jessicadawn1978 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nope you're not alone. I have no interest personally, either in DVD's or classes and prefer my own thing
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I tried to hang with P90X for a while and decided I just didn't like it. The classroom thing is not for me at all either. I prefer to go in with a goal in mind and stack up a routine myself that pushes me toward that goal. If something is off I can change it up, if something is being used I can change it up.

I definitely prefer a semi-freestyle workout.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I used to have a really tough time doing workout videos before I figured out what I liked and what I didn't like. I found something that worked for me and lost around 80lbs with it!

I think the key is to figure out your own workout style (the gym, home gym, workout dvd's, outdoors, with a friend etc.) It would be easier to stick to in the long run.