My wife has left me

Options
2»

Replies

• MsSmith832019
    MsSmith832019 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You should speak to a lawyer. Know your rights on marriage breakdown. If you're not working she may have a support obligation. Find a lawyer in your area so you can be properly informed.

Make sure to keep yourself healthy. Eat right, drink right, sleep right. You will be better equipped to deal with this if you're physically healthy.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    like, ann i found myself single after 11 years thru widowhood.
    re: divorce. get a lawyer. it doesn't need to be contentious to protect your rights.
    re: the emotions. you can try a professional. i had a good support system and didn't need one. there might be a group to help. then you don't necessarily need to share all the time but can absorb information of people who've been thru the same thing
    re: what now. stay healthy all the way around. try new food, try new recipes. if friends ask you to go out, go. if something sounds interesting, try it. i went for a year where unless i had plans, i said yes to whenever i was invited to something. meetup.com. if you're on fb, fb events.
    you can write down goals or dreams for what you would like to do
    you are embarking on a new life. one you weren't expecting. what are things that you always wished you would try? what are things that scare you a bit? what did you do that you did for her but really didn't want to?

while this is probably crushing, this can be a great opportunity to rediscover yourself :)