Single mum, in my 30's, from UK, 5 stone to lose. Hi!!

Options
:drinker: I just wanted to introduce myself and if anyone has anything in common with me (or not!) we might be able to support each other.

I'm 33 years old, from Derby in the UK. I have had a life-long battle with keeping my weight down, and although I am not at my heaviest at the moment, I am around 5 stones overweight.

I have just found this site after downloading the mobile app a couple of days ago (I wanted something to help me count calories on the go) and I think it looks like a really good motivational tool. I was attending Slimming World until last week but having only lost around 11 pounds in 9 months I decided to give in!

I aim to check in every day to keep my motivation up. Friend requests always welcome!

Good luck everyone x

Replies

• kittyp28571
    kittyp28571 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi ????

I'm Kath - also from the UK with the same amount if weight to lose.

Feel free to add me as a friend ????
  • Sammynd
    Sammynd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from the UK, started MFP just over 2 months ago and have lost 11.5 kg, I find it really good to log in everyday and find motivation.
    I'm sending friend request.
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm from UK, been on here for 3 weeks - feel free to add me, I can give you support
  • Emmaly0717
    Options
    Hi Girls!! I'm new in here. I'm from Puerto Rico. I'm also in the same battle to loose weight. I know I can find a good support in here with you guys. Feel free to add me as a friend too.

xoxoxo.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am in the Southwest UK and while I am starting by trying to lose 2 stone, my ideal weight is about 6 stone away so would be nice to be friends with similar weight goals to compare progress with

Please feel free t add me
  • rachaellumpkin
    rachaellumpkin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Mom to 2 in Virginia. Have tried many different ways to lose weight, some successful for a time, but always seem to gain it back. Started MFP the beginning of May 2013 and so far down 19 lbs of what will hopefully be a 75 lb loss. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • loopylin32
    Options
    single mum of 4... 36, and 5 stone to go :) add away lol
  • HLSalter
    HLSalter Posts: 260
    Options
    Hi I'm a mum of 1 trying to lose weight.
    I'm from Cornwall. Feel free to add me and we can't help motivate each other :) x
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    hey, im 31 from scotland and I want to lose 2 stone just now, eventually 3 or 4 though. feel free to add me
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Im from Cheshire and would love to lose 3 stone, feel free to add me. Im only on my 3rd week, so still in the early stages.
  • carolnotts
    carolnotts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there i am from Notts, single mum and i have about the same amount to loose i could be doing with all the motivation i can get as i know this will be a long climb but i am determined to get there. Only joined today :)
  • helenoctober
    helenoctober Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was single mom for almost 10 years, I am half british and lived in London the better part of my life :) you can add me! I don't live in central anymore, I moved in the USA, Las Vegas...

for everyone that is seeking motivation, add me too
  • QueenMaryam04
    QueenMaryam04 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hiya,im from Brum single mum of 4 and i have the same amount to loose.And i differently need all the motivation i can get i know how hard dieting can me but i am determined to get there.Feel free to add me
  • luciebam88
    Options
    Hello :) I'm 25 from West Sussex and am looking to loose about 70lbs. I have been using MFP for 2 weeks and have lost 4lbs so far, oh and I should say I am addicted to MFP! Have also tried Slimming World (3 times :embarassed: ) and can never ever loose weight with it, the last time I put it on!! Feel free to add me :)
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 3 stone to start with and then I will revisit when I hit this goal.

I love MFP - everyone is friendly and totally supportive.

Tried most diets throughout the years, WEIGHT GUARD, SLIMMING WORLD, WEIGHT WATCHERS, blah blah.

2009 saw photo of myself that I hated and started to do something about my weight, I decided I wasn't going to go on another diet, I was just going to make healthier food choices and exercise.

Still got a long way to go but I know I'm on the right track with this website.

Feel free to add me.

Tina x