NSV: 5 year high school reunion

Options
erillyn
erillyn Posts: 65 Member
First off I really don't want comments snickering that it's only a "5" year reunion and that I'm so young lol.

Any who.... I did just have my 5 year reunion and my NSV comes in two parts.

Part one: I had just had class that morning and I decided wearing my school clothes to a reunion wouldn't be a great idea seeing as they where covered in cat and dog hair; not very attractive. So I went upstairs to change and decided to look through my "skinny clothes" closet, the closet where the clothes I could wear over 2 years ago have been played to rest. Or so I thought. I grabbed one of my favorite shirts that bairly fit 2 years ago but still looked nice on me at the time and thought about it for a while. I finally made the decision to at least try it on. IT WAS BIG ON ME! Well not huge, but it had more wiggly room in it than it did 2 years ago!!!!! And let me tell you, I felt sexy as hell! And then I found that my skinny fitting jean where also a little big on me too!! SCORE!!

Part two: so finally arriving at the reunion, I had a slight freak out thinking maybe the shirt I was wearing was still too tight on me and maybe I shouldn't have worn it. But as the night progressed I saw a few of my old friends and just random people I knew back in the day and was told how skinny I looked. I had totally forgotten that when I graduated I was almost 170lb. I also saw a few people from high school I truly did not like and had to snicker to myself. I know I know, I should be nice because usually I am, but these people where just down right rude to me in school.

Well, I am sorry it was such a long post and if there is miss spelling running rampant in here, but I finally felt that a part of my journey was worthy of the success board!!!!!!!!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    *snickers* 5 year reunion :laugh:
    Kidding aside, that is an awesome NSV, especially when you can rub it in the face of b***hes. :drinker:
  • humanismu
    humanismu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know it's the guilty pleasure no one talks about in terms of losing weight, but going to show everyone from high school, especially those who were big bags of ****s, IS THE BEST FEELING EVER. I graduated near 300lbs and I'm down to 235 and I ended up running into this guy who always made me feel awful and he was like WOW! Best feeling ever so I could sashay away!

Awesome work!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    As long as you had a good time, and was able to show off your weightloss to those rude *kitten* snobs in high school that's all that matters! lol congrats on you success!

I was chubby in high school, right now I'm skinner that I was back then. I was not the pretty or popular, I was kinda an outcast. I had friends, in almost all the "click" a couple marching band nerds, a few choir geeks, some goth/punk friends, some stoner friends, a cheerleader that talked to me, and one "popular girl" that talked to me. I didn't really fit into one group, I did my own thing, colored my hair every color in the rainbow and dressed however my mood swayed, not caring if it was "in style". Like one day I'll be all black, with my hair in side pigtails, then had 4 braids on each side of my head to look like spider legs. Yes, I really did that and the black girls actually asked me how I did my hair. lmao! Then other times I'd dress like a country girl in plaid and jeans, then other times hippie outfits and dresses. I was such the odd ball back then.

Anyways to sum up, my 10 year reunion is at the end of November, and I plan on flooring them with my Skinny self, considering I was fat the last time they all saw me! I can't wait
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I know it's the guilty pleasure no one talks about in terms of losing weight, but going to show everyone from high school, especially those who were big bags of ****s, IS THE BEST FEELING EVER. I graduated near 300lbs and I'm down to 235 and I ended up running into this guy who always made me feel awful and he was like WOW! Best feeling ever so I could sashay away!

Awesome work!
    I know I was about 170-180 in high school, but not toned at all so my clothing size was 18/20, I'm 5'5. A guy that talked to me occasionally in high school, I had a crush on him, but he always had girlfriends that were way skinny and prettier than me. I saw him last year, he looked at me and then called my name and pulled me into a huge hug and told me I looked amazing! (note this was when I had only lost about 20ish pounds) So that was so awesome! It helps that this guy is still smoking hott!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    What an awesome experience!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!