No Weight Loss for 2 weeks (just starting)

Getting frustrated with no weight loss for almost 2 weeks. I lost 6 lbs the first 2 and then nothing. I am counting calories at 1200, started drinking water (I hate water) and adding exercise daily. I would think this would help but I must be doing something else wrong. Several days I'm not even hitting my 1200 thinking this will make me lose something. Then I read maybe you need to eat more so I tried that too and ended up gaining a pound. Any advice? I am a very picky eater so my diet is very bland. I would love to do Keto but I don't like much vegetables except the bad ones of course. Trying to lose at least 15-20 by January. I thought drinking water would really help but so far nothing. Anyone know how long it takes to see affect of this. This always happens to me which is why I give up after a few weeks. I lost 40lbs on the Physicians Choice last year by just drinking shakes but had to have my gall bladder removed due to fast weight loss. So I have a very strong will power so no issues eating sweets etc. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    How are you determining your calories eaten? If you are not weighing and logging absolutely everything, start there. It's super easy to overestimate what you are eating.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2019
    You need to be more patient. Weight loss isn't linear, even if you follow your plan perfectly, you will not lose weight every week. And unless you have a lot of weight to lose, you should really only be expecting to lose a pound or so a week.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum, lots of great info about realistic goals and dealing with the ups and downs.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Eat more. 1200 calories isn't healthy especially if you're exercising. Give your body a break add more calories and i bet you'll notice a difference

Also weigh everything you eat to be precise

Be patient. If nothing works see a dr to get tested for anything medical that might be causing you to not lose
  • carrierose2
    carrierose2 Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks everyone, I will start weighing my food and see if that helps. I probably should mention I am only 5' 0" so 1200 calories is pretty close to what I need to have effective weight loss according to what I researched. I have about 50lbs to lose and am trying to just lose 15 by January. I started beginning of November so thought that was reasonable but have been stalled for 2 weeks. Hopeful to keep losing again soon. Thanks!
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    MFP recommends the following:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lb/week is ideal
  • tjbcn
    tjbcn Posts: 4 Member
    I’m a picky eater also. I’ve gone gone 3 weeks without losing any weight but I’ve now lost 70lbs in last year. It never looked or felt like I was losing weight fast enough. So just set your mind to not quit. I did like a no carb diet with close to same breakfast, lunch and dinner. All things I like. I made everything in advance and just warmed in microwave. You’ll get there with a 1200 cal diet just stay with your plan.

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I’m also 5’0” and unless you are completely sedentary you still don’t need to be at (and definitely not under 1200 calories). I’ve lost 50 lbs so far and my calories can range anywhere from 1300 - 1600 per day depending on my activity.

And if you only have 15 lbs to lose then you need to find some patience and set your goal to 0.5 lb a week (which I recently did and I know MFP put me at higher than 1200 calories a day).
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    There’s a significant calorie counting learning curve that doesn’t get a lot of discussion. Keep working. It gets easier.