Mixed diet meals

Options
I am trying to gain weight and my partner is trying to lose weight. Anyone experiencing this or have some tips to make meals that work for both (or can be modified easily). I dont want to cook two meals every night!

Height 5’7 weight 115
Height 5’7 weight 180

I have no problems with getting good fats in my foods but thats may not necessarily help with losing weight.

Been trying at this for over 2 years, tracking it off and on without any significant change for either of us.

Replies

• JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Can your partner just possibly eat much more of whatever you prepare than you do?
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    My partner and I are similar. I’m trying to lose and he’s either trying to gain or maintain depending on his mood lol.

Anyway, I make the exact same meal every night and we just portion it differently. He takes more protein, I take more veggies. In general he just has bigger portion sizes than I do. It works pretty well for most of our meals.

And occasionally, we just each make our own meals. And dinner is the only meal we eat together so breakfast and lunch never look the same for us.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Bigger portions, more snacks through the day, high calorie add ons to your meal: oil, butter, cheese..ex if you are having tacos.. guacamole, cheese, sour cream, rice, tortillas
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    Can your partner just possibly eat much more of whatever you prepare than you do?

The other way around, I should think, as it is OP who is trying to gain weight and the partner who is trying to lose.
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah @lynn_glenmont , you’re right! My reading comprehension drops to pre-k levels after a long weekend, I guess. 😳🙄🙄
  • auroraboriaustralis
    Options
    Oh yeah @lynn_glenmont , you’re right! My reading comprehension drops to pre-k levels after a long weekend, I guess. 😳🙄🙄

I can relate
  • auroraboriaustralis
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Bigger portions, more snacks through the day, high calorie add ons to your meal: oil, butter, cheese..ex if you are having tacos.. guacamole, cheese, sour cream, rice, tortillas

This sounds good, I often can’t eat more without feeling sick so this can be a good way to get higher calorie optional toppings.
  • auroraboriaustralis
    Options
    My partner and I are similar. I’m trying to lose and he’s either trying to gain or maintain depending on his mood lol.

Anyway, I make the exact same meal every night and we just portion it differently. He takes more protein, I take more veggies. In general he just has bigger portion sizes than I do. It works pretty well for most of our meals.

And occasionally, we just each make our own meals. And dinner is the only meal we eat together so breakfast and lunch never look the same for us.

I like this... guess this means I get the extra shrimp 🤣
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options

I usually go with "I shouldn't post late at night." :*:/