Low Carber Daily Forum: Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Accepted??

cinm2014
cinm2014 Posts: 15 Member
edited November 2019 in Getting Started
I have tried a number of time to get accepted into the private discussion Low Carber Daily Forum. Is anyone else having the same problem?? Have any of you been accepted recently (11/18/2019). I'd really like to join. If anyone out there can help I would be eternally grateful

Replies

• JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    It's not a really active forum, just a few comments total every day. So, don't take it personally, the moderator probably just isn't on MFP today.
  • cinm2014
    Thanks for letting me know, Jennifer. I know there's a lot of useful info out there. I'm just anxious to read it.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Perhaps @FIT_Goat or @baconslave or one of the other group leaders can help? I'd do it but I'm just a regular member.
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    I heard you had to take a pledge saying that sugar is evil, or they won't let you join. :/
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    I heard you had to take a pledge saying that sugar is evil, or they won't let you join. :/

Why do you find it your calling to put people down that follow low carb and or keto? If someone wants to follow a different type of diet, it is up to them to do so. And really what is the point with snarky comments about it?
    It may surprise you but there are Dr's that literally suggest to patients to follow low carb.

I do not think sugar is evil, but I no longer partake of white sugar. Instead I use alternative sugars. Because I know for a fact, what it does to me. Fact not myth or fiction.
  • maureenkhilde
    cinm2014 wrote: »
    I have tried a number of time to get accepted into the private discussion Low Carber Daily Forum. Is anyone else having the same problem?? Have any of you been accepted recently (11/18/2019). I'd really like to join. If anyone out there can help I would be eternally grateful

There was a few conversations going on Saturday and Sunday. I will go and look see the names and get back to you. I know one is a moderator.
  • maureenkhilde
    I sent a message to Fit-Goat, also BaconSlave is pretty active they are both normally on daily.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member

Completely untrue.
    We basically just automatically let anyone in. Unless they type in "I'm in it to troll and cause drama." Which no one has. Even though sometimes they come in as a Trojan horse and then do try to start something. I'm watching a thread today as a result.

Though I did have someone type "Want to perv." Ha, ha. But, yeah, I did Decline that one. :lol:
  • baconslave
    I sent a message to Fit-Goat, also BaconSlave is pretty active they are both normally on daily.

I'll check on it in a sec.
  • baconslave
    cinm2014 wrote: »

@cinm2014
    It must not be going through for some reason as I've approved all of the about 20 requests I've seen in the last 2 days. I'm sending you a personal invite. Hopefully that will work.
  • baconslave
    Perhaps @FIT_Goat or @baconslave or one of the other group leaders can help? I'd do it but I'm just a regular member.

Thanks for the tag.
  • cinm2014
    I was accepted into the Low Carb Forum now. Thanks for helping me get in! I'm already finding helpful info on keto.
  • cinm2014
    I'm new. What are the tags used for here? I know. I'm ancient. lol
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    @cinm2014, this kind of tag?

It is to draw that person’s attention to the post.
    They get a notification that they have been mentioned in the post.

The bell at the top of the page (iPhone on web) is where you can find notifications.

Cheers, h.