Food ideas

Options
I am a very overweight older woman with the same story as many others. I have tried to lose weight for 35 years while continuing to gain. I lost lost 45 pounds 2 years ago and then gained 50 back. I am at it again, having lost 20 pounds so far.
I have a few things which have helped me that I am sharing for whatever they are worth.
1. I eat the same healthy breakfast every morning without thinking about it. I don’t give myself time to think about having that blueberry bagel with cream cheese or the bacon and cheese omelet. I just eat my standard which has becom a habit.
2. I found some super low-calorie healthy foods that I actually like. One is chicken chili which I make with just a spray of oil in a nonstick pan. I add onion, red pepper, celery, zucchini and a little corn along with chicken, black beans, tomatoes and spices. It tastes delicious to me and my recipe has 90 calories per cup. I find a couple of cups of that to be very satisfying.
3. I’m eating many, many vegetables. I spray a cookie sheet (with aluminum foil if clean up is a problem) with oil, lay the veggies on, give another spray of oil, and sprinkle with seasoning. Do it in an air fryer if you have one. Some vegetables need a little more oil. I love cauliflower with Greek seasoning, carrots with cinnamon, acorn squash, Brussels sprouts, etc. I can pop baked sweet potato cubes like candy. Maybe it’s an acquired taste but I’ve definitely acquired it.
I am hoping to stay on this plan because I don’t think I can stand it if I gain the weight back.

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've found good things that work for you! I'm the same with my lunch, I have the same vegetables in my salad but switch up the protein and salad dressing. I love vegetables and cook them similar to yours, I have a bunch of spice blends from Penzey's that I use to switch up flavors. I'm currently on a winter squash kick, love it so much it's hard to eat one piece! I recently discovered salsa chicken with frozen chicken and unsealed beans in the Instant pot, total game changer!