Fit Bit steps gave me back a LOT of calories.

Options
health4me
health4me Posts: 6 Member
I'm not sure I trust the fit bit app connected to My Fitness Pal.
My daily calorie allowance is 1330.
After connecting my Fitbit and it recording over 9,000 steps today, I was given 1005 more calories! That does not seem right at all.
I don't trust myself either with that many calories. I may have to disconnect the Fit bit.
Any other users have this issue?

Replies

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    @health4me. I think it may also take into consideration your heart rate. If you have an elevated HR, it is reading it as "fat burning" therefore counting those calories to add to your daily intake. At least, that's how I take it.
  • lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would recommend not eating back your calories, especially just from daily steps. In your goals, you can select for it not to add in your calorie burn. That definitely doesn't seem right unless some of your steps were from sprinting (a lot of sprinting). I like to select a smaller loss rate, add my activity level on the higher end and I still usually add calories to my goals. But, I don't want to feel hungry. I would rather be active and lose slowly and sustainably. Currently eating around 2,000 and losing .5 per week.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    If you are using a fitbit then you need to make sure your settings are at sedentary and you don't log exercise through mfp as the fitbit will make the necessary adjustments for you.