LCL / TIbia head injury

Options
Hi all,
I have a really random (and seemingly rare) injury I'm hoping that someone here has experienced before.

Playing baseball a couple of months ago, I felt the back of my leg suddenly start hurting as a bent over to catch a ball. The kind of pain where I said to myself "well, that's kind of strange", and didn't think much of it. My legs were stretched and warmed up, weather was good, and I'm not usually prone to injury.

I have no pain in my day to day activities (including playing basketball). I can also perform 99% of normal movements with no restrictions or pain (my physiotherapist tried everything under the sun). The only thing that hurts is when I kneel on the affected leg and try to sit back onto my foot while putting weight on that leg. As soon as I start leaning back, I feel a pain at the back of my leg either at the bottom of the LCL (lateral collateral ligament), which is the outside of the two tendons at the back of your leg, or top of my tibia.

I have continued to stretch and tried the strengthening exercises that my p/t gave me, and I haven't seen any improvement in 2 months. Most ligament or muscle injuries have start healing by now.

Has anyone experienced this injury before?
Thanks,

Replies