Travelling and added on weight

Options
Hi guys,
I'm currently travelling and now ive reached new Zealand I want to burn off a stone which has crept on!
Please help and add me xx

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Aww New Zealand; I'd love to go there! Just vacationing or staying quite awhile?
    I traveled to Iceland this fall, was only there for a week, but managed to gain about 8#s. I became active here right after I got back and have gotten back to where I want to be, with only a few more #s to go.
    You can do this, new place requires lots of walking and sightseeing. :) Try new foods but be mindful too. And stocking up on fruits/veggies from the local grocery store will help you stay content, eating healthier than eating out all the time. Less costly too. Stay away from calorie laden drinks, but drink lots of water.
    Enjoy your time there!
    Welcome to the forums and good luck!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me :)

For a Newbie check this link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • jeslz
    jeslz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love NZ! I spent a week in Auckland last December and it’s amazing. Depends where you are in NZ, but if you walk while doing your sightseeing, you could easily get a burn going. Auckland can be very hilly, so walking around and uphill gets your heart rate up. And there are many hikes and other physical activities to do in the other regions of the country. We tried indoor snow skiing and kayaking and those burned some calories too.

For me personally, I always find I lose weight on holidays because I’m much more active than usual! There is so many new things to try!