• mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Some days it just does not feel like it 😔 lol
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I can see LOTS of progress, just keep on going :smile:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I see lots of progress too! It's okay to not feel like it sometimes, I get like that too. That's when discipline comes into play.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    All progress happens in tiny increments when done naturally. It eventually adds up to very noticeable progress as it has with you.

I caution you against having a mindset of needing to go faster. It is far more important to maintain a mostly consistent process than it is to worry about the speed of results. Trying to go faster could end with you rebelling and regressing.

It would be nice if we could achieve everything we want tomorrow and we are all guilty of wanting that from time to time I suppose but it doesn't and probably should not work that way.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    All progress happens in tiny increments when done naturally. It eventually adds up to very noticeable progress as it has with you.

I caution you against having a mindset of needing to go faster. It is far more important to maintain a mostly consistent process than it is to worry about the speed of results. Trying to go faster could end with you rebelling and regressing.

It would be nice if we could achieve everything we want tomorrow and we are all guilty of wanting that from time to time I suppose but it doesn't and probably should not work that way.

I agree. For me, the most sustainable weight loss plan I've had is the plan that feels doable on bad days and straight up lazy on good days. It's taken me twice as long to lose the weight this round after my regain, but it FEELS faster because I didn't have to put in so much effort nor think about it as much.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    You look like you've made great progress!

It takes a while for the eyes/brain to catch up. You look a lot different! Bring it on 2020.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

I agree. For me, the most sustainable weight loss plan I've had is the plan that feels doable on bad days and straight up lazy on good days. It's taken me twice as long to lose the weight this round after my regain, but it FEELS faster because I didn't have to put in so much effort nor think about it as much.

Preach it!

In the last 2 months since my surgery my weight has roller coastered nonstop due to inflammation and other factors. In the last 6 days I spent the first 4 gaining 6.4 pounds and the last 2 losing 7 pounds. I have no reliable scale results to determine my progress. I never bothered with measurements and my picture taking has been spotty so I have no other method of measuring progress either.

What I have is an easy plan that requires little discipline and little motivation most of the time. I am not sure how long I will have to keep marching into the unknown but for now I am okay and probably losing some amount of fat weight.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    You look great! I agree that there's no rush, I went hardcore and am finding maitanence a bit of a struggle now. Having said that there's no reason to not improve your health for the rest of 2019, think of a couple small improvements you can make now.