Late evening cravings

2»

Replies

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Your not alone. I love to snack at night. Ice cream is my achilles heel.

Have you tried Halo Top ice cream. It is not very calorie dense and it has helped my ice cream craving. I make 1/2 cup and eat it right out of the measuring cup. Had the cookies and cream over the last few weeks and it is super yum and fits right in!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Your not alone. I love to snack at night. Ice cream is my achilles heel.

Have you tried Halo Top ice cream. It is not very calorie dense and it has helped my ice cream craving. I make 1/2 cup and eat it right out of the measuring cup. Had the cookies and cream over the last few weeks and it is super yum and fits right in!

Halo Top has helped me meet my protein goal on more than one occasion.
  • jujaws
    jujaws Posts: 192 Member
    If anyone looks through my diary they will see I normally don't pick the healthiest things 😂. I'm just counting calories and I make sacrifices where I need to in order to eat something yummy! That's why I needed to get back into logging my food to be more aware. Each time I leave and think I'll do alright on my own, I gain weight again 🤣. Although in the past I'd eat skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. Slushies are my go to now since they're a sweet treat but better than buying myself ice cream.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    jujaws wrote: »
    If anyone looks through my diary they will see I normally don't pick the healthiest things 😂. I'm just counting calories and I make sacrifices where I need to in order to eat something yummy!

I do the same thing for beer 😋
  • Lazygirly
    Lazygirly Posts: 23 Member
    Skinny Pop Gingerbread popcorn is soo tasty! Only 70 calories for a cup. Also the Lemon Loaf tea from Tazo is great (it’s from the dessert tea collection)
  • jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    whatever your doing its working!! I love smartfood white cheddar popcorn or apple with peanut butter yummy!
  • I try to save 200 calories for night and snack on satsuma. Somehow it works.
  • 796fra
    796fra Posts: 45 Member
    Only produce after dinner. Don't want produce? Then I'm not that hungry after all.
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Advice on how to beat cravings after dinner? I always crave something sweet or carbs. I can do good all day but then after dinner I sabotage myself. Any tips?

@JasonJoyHedenskog cottage cheese - sesame grain crackers with pepperjack cheese and celery with peanut butter works for me.

Water too but you'll be getting up at night! 🙌🙃
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    It's a tough one to fight the cravings. It's a trial and error until you figure out what sutis you. I crave sweets and replacing it with healthy sweet alternative has helped me..

It's a mind game.

Stay Strong 💪
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    I hear you. Sometimes I'm not really even hungry, just wanting to munch on something sweet. I try to buy those mini ice cream sandwiches and save some calories for them, because they have good portion control and I know I'll only eat one and it's much better than trying to scoop out one "serving" of ice cream. My biggest downfall is really that time when I first get home from work before dinner because I've been to the gym and I'm famished. I try to eat a banana right before working out so that my blood sugar doesn't dip too low otherwise I become an eating monster right when I walk in the door and I eat all the way through making dinner, and then eat dinner.