My Fitness Journey So Far

Options
I’m Sloane, I’ll be 19 years old next month. I started on this fitness journey quite a few years ago, when I was about 13years old. At 12 years old, I weighed my heaviest ever so far in my short life. At the time, I stood at 5’6 and weighed 201lbs. Because I had a lot of excess weight and grew really fast, it put a lot of pressure on my knee joints. I did play sports, but I continued getting injured and lagged a lot. I would often observe around me and realize I didn’t look like anybody my age who was supposedly athletic, and it really upset me. At 13, I decided to get a gym membership. I had no clue what I was doing at first, but then I started doing research. I worked really hard for about a year and a half, and I dropped a good 32lbs before my Freshman year of Highschool. Once Highschool started, I got played Volleyball and I swam for two years. Whilst doing so, as well as working out and maintaining somewhat of a decent diet, I remember falling to about 140lbs. That means in 3 years time of not really knowing much about what I was doing, I dropped over 60lbs! Junior year came, and I kind of eased up a bit, although maintaining my weight, my fitness level decreased tremendously. I lost the motivation for Junior year as well as some of Senior year. My Freshman Year of College rolled around just this past August, and I chose to Major in Health and Exercise Science. Ever since then, I’ve been going to the gym religiously. I’ve dropped down to about 135lbs, and I stand at 5’10 and a Quarter. I’ve never been so proud of myself, and even though I’m not where I want to be yet, I’m not giving up. If I can do it, you can too. All it takes is persistence.

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! You've inspired me and will inspire everyone you can help through your college major. Real life stories mean so much more than 'do as I say, not as I do' stories. :) GO YOU!!!!