Need help with food

Hi, I'm stuck and having trouble losing weight. I lost 50 lbs in 2018 after pregnancy, got to 183 and plateaued. Then this past summer I started taking Zoloft and now I weigh 189. I recently switched to Wellbutrin. I haven't been good about staying within my calories for the day. I just re-did the MFP goal and it's estimating 1,450/day. Does anyone have insight on if I should make changes to what I'm eating or is it just that it's too much? I think my diary is open. I exercise 3x/week, 30 minutes each - only cardio.

Replies

• tracybear86
    tracybear86 Posts: 163 Member
    How much do you have to lose and what rate of loss (0.5lb/week, 1/lb/week) did you set MFP to? It looks like you are not using a food scale? If you don't have a ton to lose the inaccuracies of not weighing basically everything you can plus the fact that you seem to go over your goal most days (I only went back about a week so not sure how much of a trend that is) could be negating your calorie deficit.
  • ChrisC8181
    ChrisC8181 Posts: 29 Member
    How much do you have to lose and what rate of loss (0.5lb/week, 1/lb/week) did you set MFP to? It looks like you are not using a food scale? If you don't have a ton to lose the inaccuracies of not weighing basically everything you can plus the fact that you seem to go over your goal most days (I only went back about a week so not sure how much of a trend that is) could be negating your calorie deficit.

Thanks! I set it to 1 lb/week. I'm not using a food scale, great idea.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    ChrisC8181 wrote: »

Thanks! I set it to 1 lb/week. I'm not using a food scale, great idea.

Using a food scale is an excellent idea. However, that's only one part of the problem, and it may not be the biggest part. The bigger issue is not consistently staying within your calorie goal.

Ultimately, if you're not losing fat, then you're not in a deficit. Weighing all your food will give you more accurate logs of how many calories you're eating, but if you often eat more than your calorie goal, that's going to reduce or wipe out your deficit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I hated Zoloft and love Wellbutrin. It's a little speedy, which helps me to exercise.
  • ChrisC8181
    ChrisC8181 Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks all 😀