Last weigh in

Options
In my last weigh in - I lost weight.. it has been two weeks .. now I am afraid to weigh in again ..

Replies

• JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You last weighed yourself two weeks ago; what have you been doing in the interim? Have you been getting a little more exercise? Eating a bit more healthily? Drinking more water than in the past? OR: have you been off the wagon and not logging anything either? Or, perhaps, something in between, like most of us?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Successful weight loss is about the long game: Months, not days or a small number of weeks.

If you follow the right process, and are patient, results will come. Scale weight will go up and down along the way, but the trend over time will be downward.

I'd suggest reading this:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

You're entitled to feel good about consistently following the weight loss process. The change between one scale weight and the next is not the measure of your success, but rather the body fat result longer term.

And that number on the scale is never a measure of your worth as a person. It's just a single passing piece of neutral data about your body's relationship with gravity at that moment.

Weigh yourself. No matter what the result, learn, and keep going.

Best wishes!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    For most people observing the changes in their long-term weight trend is an opportunity to validate what they're doing.

Being very concerned about finding out usually either indicates an extreme and un-sustainable over commitment, or constitutes avoidance from confronting compliance failures that are already known.

In both cases the indication is there that a change of approach may be needed.

Don't make your commitment to better health so hard on you that it becomes unsustainable! Take it easy and be kind to yourself!