30 day Shred and exercise database

Options
kmack1971
kmack1971 Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I've started the 30 day Shred today (omg gonna hurt tomorrow) I want to record it in my exercise diary but cant find it in the database. How does everyone else who does 30DS record it? Or is it there somewhere and Im just being dumb?

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I put stuff like that under "Circuit training: general", but don't use the calorie burn it gives you. MFP calorie burns are wildly overestimated. I enter my own calorie burn based on what my heart rate monitor tells me. If you don't have a HRM, I'd just cut the MFP estimate in half.
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    there's an app on google https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calories.burned.calculator&hl=e&rdid=com.calories.burned.calculator where you can find the 30day shred, you type in your current wait and it will tell you how many calories you've burned. then you just plot it in as a new exercise on mfp ;-)
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you can put it in as circuit training. However, for me:

Level 1 (26 minutes): MFP says 231, heart rate monitor averages 200
    Level 2 (28 minutes): MFP says 257, heart rate monitor averages 220

The differences probably won't make any difference to weight loss unless you're right on the edge of a calorie deficit, but if you want to be accurate it's worth bearing in mind :smile:
  • thefragile7393
    thefragile7393 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    there's an app on google https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calories.burned.calculator&hl=e&rdid=com.calories.burned.calculator where you can find the 30day shred, you type in your current wait and it will tell you how many calories you've burned. then you just plot it in as a new exercise on mfp ;-)
    Thank you for this! I use the biggest loser and Jillian Michaels DVDs and it was driving me nuts how I couldn't accurately log these...thank you!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I do it as custom and put in my HRM calorie burn, which is anywhere from 175-200 per session.
This discussion has been closed.